Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stickys

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm very used to stickies on forums, I just naturally scroll pass them without even glancing

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I read them once and then never go there again.

Is it possible for a thread to be automatically bounced once a day/week or something like that so that threads that deserve to be around for a while hit the top regularly rather than just sit them?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I think the Player Sponsorship one was stuck there and had no responses for over a month before being removed, so shows lack of people looking.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
never bother with them

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I read them once and then never go there again.

Is it possible for a thread to be automatically bounced once a day/week or something like that so that threads that deserve to be around for a while hit the top regularly rather than just sit them?

Not that I know of, they have to be manually bounced to my knowledge.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Only ever look at the webcam one.

If threads were that popular they would naturally be near the top anyway. I rarely scroll past the first page unless I am looking for a particular thread.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I do read them, but didn't read them on the 'old' NSC when they were shaded in yellow. I managed to train my eye to avoid the yello-shaded threads.

I would say though, that often there are too many stickies. Apart from at REMF time, when it is good to have all the info at the top of the page.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I ALWAYS read the sticky ones, then i come on NSC :laugh:

seriously, never read them, wasnt even aware their was a webcam one until recently!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sometimes look at the webcam one, but otherwise just shoot straight past them to the first unsticky. It's tough, cos all the REMF stuff needs publicity, but I do think the concept isn't working.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If the title has lots of **~~ type of attention grabber, I might notice it when it first appears, but generally I just skim past them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any more views on these?

The response so far is pretty much as I thought, i.e. they are often ignored.

I'm toying with the idea of making NSC sticky-less for a period of time. I genuinely think most threads will receive more attention if they live a normal life up and down the board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here