Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STH - Empty Seats fcks me off

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I agree with this 'stick' method and the alternative 'carrot' method.

If people have a valid reason (if they live over 100 miles away, are ill, have a family bereavement) they should be allowed to appeal any points lost. People that don't attend because they are watching Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal and people with a 'I've paid for the ticket I'll do what I want with it' attitude, are damaging the club. They are stopping other fans/future fans cheering on the Albion.

Also how much are they costing the club in secondary spend? Empty seats don't buy a pie and a pint at half time and a long-sleeved home shirt on the way out.

My girlfriend and I both have a season ticket and so far we've both missed a game each due to work. We don't have many friends (ah) but on both occasions we've found someone to fill what would have been an empty seat. We know we will have to miss other games in the future, but we will always get that seat filled...or die trying.

So, firstly, the club deduct loyalty points from me because I don't turn up for a match and my seat is empty.

So I now have to appeal to the club's 'Ticket Police' who will interrogate me to see if I have a valid reason for not attending and not passing my ticket on to someone else.

If I am ill, will I need to provide a doctor's note?

If I have to work, will I need a letter from my company?

If I have been delayed by an accident on the journey, will I need a letter from the police?

Presumably if I attend a wedding or go on holiday, they are not vaild excuses becuase I could have avoided them and gone to the match?

And if I DID try to pass on my ticket but didn't succeed, will I need to produce transcripts of e-mails, texts and phone calls to prove it?

I'm glad I don't live on your planet!!

Mar 10, 2006
Trouble is some of these wankers are so wrappped up in their own world and see themselves as far superior to others that they can't understand posts such as the one above. f***ing cheeky C***S questioning others as to why they aren't at a football match

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I would love to leave in the OP's clearly perfect world, where matchdays are ALWAYS clear for football. For those of us who dwell in the real world, there are sometimes reasons why football, sadly, has to take a back seat. For example, on Saturday I missed the Peterborough game as I was flat-hunting after being given notice that my current Landlord is selling the place I live in now. Much as I don't like missing any home matches, I also don't like the idea of being homeless on September 16th...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The chap who started the 300 empty seats thread knows someone who bought a ST then couldnt be "bothered" to go to Blackpool. I hope I never meet him again. Not the thread starter his so called "mate".

To make matters worse he supports the scousers and has said he may have to hide his LFC scarf for that game. I want to shake him warmly by the throat. This type of JCL is NOT WELCOME AT MY CLUB.

It sounds annoying, but calm down, its OK, this is how we expand our fanbase. My dad was a Charlton fan, moved to Hove, took me to the occasional game because he 'wanted to go to the football' - and now his son is a massive Brighton fan as a result. As is his grandaughter and hopefully many more generations. We all know stories like this, so tolerate and educate the fans of other clubs :shrug:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This thread is depressing.

I've been watching the Albion since 1972 but have never had a season ticket. The thought of sitting next to the same person, who might be a plank, potentially forever, has always stopped me. My fault, I know, but there you go.

I know at least ten fans of Premier League clubs who have bought season tickets for the Amex. They never went to the Goldstone, or Gillingham, and only occasionally went to Withdean. One Arsenal fan I know only goes when there's no clash with an Emirates match. I know of one pub landlord who bought four, despite never having been to see the Albion before, because they might come in handy for friends and family.

I have tried to get tickets for every match this season and been unsuccessful every time, including for the Sunderland game, when the ticket office turned me down. So, if anyone ever has a couple of spares, it would be good if some kind of a system could be set up.

I can't buy this. How could you not get a ticket for Gillingham, there were loads of seats available? I've been watching the Albion since 1984 but have never had a season ticket, have tried to get tickets for 5 of our 7 matches this season and been SUCCESSFUL every time.

Clearly you not getting a ticket is nothing to do with not having a ticket exchange system.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
One of my group couldn't make it to the game yesterday so sold thier ticket (only for £15, not intressted in making a profit) on to a friend whos an Everton fan. Gave him the chance to see the stadium as he lives near by and has seen it slowley risen up. He was very impressed and said he would get tickets through the club to take hes son at some point during the season.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
There are five of us in a group and if one of us can't go we give it to the others' missus...every cloud etc

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
So, firstly, the club deduct loyalty points from me because I don't turn up for a match and my seat is empty.

So I now have to appeal to the club's 'Ticket Police' who will interrogate me to see if I have a valid reason for not attending and not passing my ticket on to someone else.

If I am ill, will I need to provide a doctor's note?

If I have to work, will I need a letter from my company?

If I have been delayed by an accident on the journey, will I need a letter from the police?

Presumably if I attend a wedding or go on holiday, they are not vaild excuses becuase I could have avoided them and gone to the match?

And if I DID try to pass on my ticket but didn't succeed, will I need to produce transcripts of e-mails, texts and phone calls to prove it?

I'm glad I don't live on your planet!!

Yes, the club deduct you points for leaving an empty seat.

I believe you should have the right to have a laywer present when being interviewed (I don't really like the word interrogate.) by the 'Ticket Police' so what is the problem?

Obviously a doctor's note is enough evidence.

If you have to work, a letter from your immediate superior on headed paper would suffice on the first occasion. However if it happened again I think it should have to come from a company director.

I think getting the police involved in a delayed journey is a bit silly and over the top. You should have left earlier. Appealing for this reason is a waste of the club's valuble time and should be met with further penalty points.

You are correct in saying Weddings and Holidays are not valid excuses.

If you do make an effort to pass on your ticket and can produce transcripts of emails and texts, I believe the club should take them into consideration and show leniency with your penalty.

:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here