Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STH - Empty Seats fcks me off

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Stopping ST holders from getting their seat at home games isn't going to happen, and most ST holders wouldn't care about losing loyalty points.

The club ought to remove entry for games ST holders can't make (just remove it from their 'card') and credit a bit of eCash on the card if it sells (pro rata of the ticket price less £10 or something handling charge). A bit of incentive for ST holders to tell the club they can't make it, and more tickets for general sale.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Stopping ST holders from getting their seat at home games isn't going to happen, and most ST holders wouldn't care about losing loyalty points.

The club ought to remove entry for games ST holders can't make (just remove it from their 'card') and credit a bit of eCash on the card if it sells (pro rata of the ticket price less £10 or something handling charge). A bit of incentive for ST holders to tell the club they can't make it, and more tickets for general sale.

This would not be bad at all. If i could get cash on myc ard for use at kiosks as long as my ticket sold and if i didn't have 3 other people who i sit with who could bring some one i'd do it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
What irks me are the general sale tickets. Once again, despite being sold out, there were spaces in the east stand towards the south so are the tickets sold or not?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I saw people ask at the guy on the door at the club shop if is tickets available for today and he said was sold out. Something going wrong when selling out 22500 but only getting 19700 etc. Still good crowds but people turning up willing to pay on the day and being turned away and then seeing not a total full capacity is a bit annoying.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just a point..if you have a seat near you that has never been used then it is more than likely it's a designated safety seat,the club have to leave so many seats empty...Not sure of the number but I last heard about 60 seats. The way to tell is to go to the ticket office and ask if the seat is available,if it is not on the seating plan then it's a safety seat. I found this out when I wanted to buy an empty seat near me.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I sometimes move to the back of the North stand as there is a family of smellies in front of me, yes you know who you are (Have a bath) and i like getting in on the atmosphere! My seats may be empty but im in the stadium. Don't always presume if the seats empty then that person has not attended!

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
We have 3 seats around us that have never had anyone in them. Is there a definitive way of telling if they are
a) Owned by season ticket holders who don't come,
b) not ever sold to anyone for some reason,
c) a safety seat, whatever that is,
d) owned by someone who thinks I am smelly, or
e) something else?
It would be nice to be able to request them for friends from time to time.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
There can't have been 2000 ST holders on holiday surely?

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Posted before, posting again. Reckon STH should start the season with a full season's loyalty points. Then lose loyalty points for every game the seat stands empty. It's the only way they'll learn...

Sorry pal....its nothing about 'its the only way they'll learn'. You have no idea about peoples circumstances. I am a season ticket holder....i have decided to pay over £500 for the privilege. If, for whatever reason, i cant make the game, ( as in my case i am working), it really shouldnt worry you. The seat is paid for . End of. Its mine . If i cant make it to a game....and believe me , it hurts not to be there..the club that i have supported since 1966, and ploughed thousands of pounds into are not losing out. Loyalty points ???? ....f*** off. I think i have made enough loyalty points since 1966.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If people you know were prepared to pay £50 then surely they would have to buy one of a tout.

That's rubbish. I haven't seen a tout at Amex.

Seemingly, the only place to buy tickets, is on here, and rightly so, Bozza does not accept touting.

Have you seen anyone waving a wadful of smartcards about?

Presumably the club are holding back on a transfer system to keep people interested. After all, people pay attention to best seller lists in books and films. Bit of a crap way of dealing with things, but...

It can't be that difficult to arrange some sort of transfer scheme. I would not have been able to see the Blackpool game, had it not been for the kidness for an NSCer. I bought two programmes, two pints and two pies. They would have missed out on that £18 if they weren't so pig-headed.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Posted before, posting again. Reckon STH should start the season with a full season's loyalty points. Then lose loyalty points for every game the seat stands empty. It's the only way they'll learn...

Do me a favour! I've been a season ticket holder for 13 years (including Gillingham!). It's been my way of supporting the club. I can't go to every game (I live in Somerset), and for all bar three seasons at Withdean it was impossible even to give your ticket away. Your suggestion means that, as a reward for my loyalty, every time I can't go to a game for whatever reason I am penalised?!

I missed yesterday (wedding anniversary), but managed to pass my tickets on to friends. I will do my level best to do the same in future whenever circumstances dictate I can't attend, but please don't come up with any more hare-brained schemes to "teach" me how to be loyal.....

My brother (lives newcastle) and his son and my father (lives manchester) have ST and regularly won't attend.

Flogged the tickets on the classifieds here on NSC (well the 2 adult ones) worked very well met up with a chap before the game got him swiped in and got my smartcards back off him.

Simplez.

Will no doubt do the same for the Leeds game.

Sep 20, 2005
This thread is depressing.

I've been watching the Albion since 1972 but have never had a season ticket. The thought of sitting next to the same person, who might be a plank, potentially forever, has always stopped me. My fault, I know, but there you go.

I know at least ten fans of Premier League clubs who have bought season tickets for the Amex. They never went to the Goldstone, or Gillingham, and only occasionally went to Withdean. One Arsenal fan I know only goes when there's no clash with an Emirates match. I know of one pub landlord who bought four, despite never having been to see the Albion before, because they might come in handy for friends and family.

I have tried to get tickets for every match this season and been unsuccessful every time, including for the Sunderland game, when the ticket office turned me down. So, if anyone ever has a couple of spares, it would be good if some kind of a system could be set up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here