Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STH - Empty Seats fcks me off

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
This has really pisssssssssssed me off. There have been empty seats around me every week and I know people who wanted tickets.......We need a ticket exhange system.

People I know would have paid £30 - £50 for a ticket today......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If people you know were prepared to pay £50 then surely they would have to buy one of a tout.

The issue is more no exchange system, as soon as that is up and running then those that have to miss a game can sell their ticket on in a controlled manor as opposed to hand over their smart card which I guess they do not want to do.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
This has really pisssssssssssed me off. There have been empty seats around me every week and I know people who wanted tickets.......We need a ticket exhange system.

People I know would have paid £30 - £50 for a ticket today......

I agree,even without a ticket exchange STH`s can lend there cards to family and friends when they cannot attend a game, as those around me in the N stand seem to be doing, as the faces are not the same week in week out

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Are season ticket holders that dont show included in the attendence,if they are not then that would cause confusion and upset for fans wanting tickets.So far not a home sell out,or has there been, very confusing.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Posted before, posting again. Reckon STH should start the season with a full season's loyalty points. Then lose loyalty points for every game the seat stands empty. It's the only way they'll learn...

This happens at Chelsea,friend of mine lent his season ticket to family when he went away for xmas,they didn't bother to go and he lost loyalty points and couldn't go to away/european games.I think we should perhaps reward people that turn up week in week out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This happens at Chelsea,friend of mine lent his season ticket to family when he went away for xmas,they didn't bother to go and he lost loyalty points and couldn't go to away/european games.I think we should perhaps reward people that turn up week in week out.

Does sound fair :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Holidays, illnesses? Loads of reasons.

Agree-perhaps when the Holidays are over the number of no shows will drop,that said calls for an exchange system does carry some weight.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

This .

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Agreed , although I'm abit surprised that there were apparently 2,000 empty seats in our bit - ok I could only see and judge the east and west stand , probably at MOST 600 dotted around the West and a 100 MAX in the East

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
I have been to every home League game and ther are 3 seats in front no one has EVER sat in and two behind. One bloke on the bus said no one has ever sat next to him!

We need an exchange system published in program/Argus classified or something as some people aren't on the internet like us, wjho would do it online! Maybe they don't know about NSC??

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Posted before, posting again. Reckon STH should start the season with a full season's loyalty points. Then lose loyalty points for every game the seat stands empty. It's the only way they'll learn...

Top Post Tom.
This would weed out all the JCL's who only come to the 'Big Games'. These kind of people will show up for Liverpool next month...!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If I could not go to a game then I would lend my card to family, friend, neighbour, anyone! I hate seeing empty seats.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
One, maybe two seats in the N1A were empty for the following reasons: I am infact on holiday. I gave my ticket to my mate who i sit next to and his mum passed away this week. If he took his friend to the game on my ticket today i don't know but i really doubt his first priority is going to be to sort out 2 new people to go to a game after his mother died.

If he lost loyalty points for that, i'd flip out.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thing is, people who can't be added to give their ticket away probably wouldn't give a toss about a ticket exchange or points.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
One, maybe two seats in the N1A were empty for the following reasons: I am infact on holiday. I gave my ticket to my mate who i sit next to and his mum passed away this week. If he took his friend to the game on my ticket today i don't know but i really doubt his first priority is not going to be to sort out 2 new people to go to a game after his mother died.

If he lost loyalty points for that, i'd flip out.

This. There are multitudes of reasons, the same as why haven't these that miss out not got ST's? They maybe have valid reasons too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here