Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stewards at southend

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We stood up and sung are hearts out last season trying to lift the team into that final play off spot.

The first 15 minutes of the 2nd half was one of those moments where you were proud to be an Albion fan with the passion shown.

And why, because the stewards were sensible and let us do what we wanted. There was no trouble and they even commended our supprt at the end of the game

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep, what he said. They let us stand for the whole game last season, no drama.

The only iffy one, was a scary looking beast of a woman, at the door of the 'common room'.

dolphin09

Aug 14, 2008
good good will be a good night then i fill. last time i went to southend was about eight years ago i think, had a massive fence in front of us and was kicking of everywere.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
it was mint last season bar the result good atmosphere, although the pub before the game was pretty awful, i remember it looked like the cast of shameless behind the bar.

Aug 30, 2007
very good with away Fans let u standall game... they are more interested in inforcing the Southend fans to sit down in the singing areas... hence the crap atmosphere at the Hall

the Atmosphere should be better tonight as we LOVE our friday night games at the Hall

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
very good with away Fans let u standall game... they are more interested in inforcing the Southend fans to sit down in the singing areas... hence the crap atmosphere at the Hall

abit like Withdean then...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm assuming I get in after another ticket office cock-up! Just been down to pick up my ticket (which I paid for on Wednesday)... Took them 10 minutes to find it, then they give me one with "concessions" circled in biro. He said that someone had done that by accident, but if it show's up as concession when I get there they might not let me in! Have printed out my bank statement just in case....

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I guess part of the reason they don't mind the away fans standing up is that the stand is so old and the seats so badly chucked in that most people would struggle to fit their legs in and see the match. A shame Brighton stewards aren't as sensible as the Southend ones. And the lady in the doorway to the family room was amazing!

I guess part of the reason they don't mind the away fans standing up is that the stand is so old and the seats so badly chucked in that most people would struggle to fit their legs in and see the match. A shame Brighton stewards aren't as sensible as the Southend ones. And the lady in the doorway to the family room was amazing!

You have just underlined how Brighton stewards ARE sensible - in understanding general AWAY fan's ire with the AWAY stand - apparently something like Southend's stewards. However, although we still encourage away supporters to sit down, and require that they endeavor to comply - we cannot change the fact that the view sucks so badly that they are inevitably going to stand, strain to see the action, and complain about the poor view.

The HOME fans though, can't seem to grasp that FACT, and will insist "you let them stand, and (although the South Stand view is mostly excellent or at least adequate) we should be allowed to stand like them".

No, of course "Brighton stewards are not sensible" :rolleyes:

Not to mention AGAIN that Withdean is a sensitive location where we do need fan compliance in order to stay on the right side of safety and other league rules.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
You have just underlined how Brighton stewards ARE sensible - in understanding general AWAY fan's ire with the AWAY stand - apparently something like Southend's stewards. However, although we still encourage away supporters to sit down, and require that they endeavor to comply - we cannot change the fact that the view sucks so badly that they are inevitably going to stand, strain to see the action, and complain about the poor view.

The HOME fans though, can't seem to grasp that FACT, and will insist "you let them stand, and (although the South Stand view is mostly excellent or at least adequate) we should be allowed to stand like them".

No, of course "Brighton stewards are not sensible" :rolleyes:

Not to mention AGAIN that Withdean is a sensitive location where we do need fan compliance in order to stay on the right side of safety and other league rules.

I thought someone might not let me get away with a generalised and unfounded comment about our stewards. You're probably right, although I seem to think that they tell away fans to sit down as well - maybe I'm just imagining this to prove my geneal rule that stewards suck!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I thought someone might not let me get away with a generalised and unfounded comment about our stewards. You're probably right, although I seem to think that they tell away fans to sit down as well - maybe I'm just imagining this to prove my geneal rule that stewards suck!

Brighton stewards are tossers for home fans.They lack common sense.

Jan 30, 2008
good good will be a good night then i fill. last time i went to southend was about eight years ago i think, had a massive fence in front of us and was kicking of everywere.
yes that was when we stormed over into their section during the game and someone tried to push a wheelie been into the seating area if i remember :lol:

Brighton stewards are tossers for home fans.They lack common sense.

The rules that stewards have to follow, occasionally supersede "common sense" in order to succeed. For example, say 3,000 people all use their own "common sense" to do whatever they think makes sense to them, and you have mayhem and misery for almost all of them. It's not Notting Hill Carnival, at a football match, y'know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here