Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewarding in the North Stand

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I thought and have seen the very sensible option of people voluntarily swapping their seats in the North Stand, so those that want to sit, or have youngsters, have moved towards the front.

Stewarding for the people, by the people.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Generally it's rows P/Q backwards that have been standing and this was seemingly acceptable to all parties, until tuesday night. It's not the LAW, as in that you get prosecuted by the police if you disobey, merely a ground rule of the clubs not to stand and getting chucked out or ticket confiscation is likely the punishment (which in effect is a fine)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't care, I'll sit when those in front sit and stand when they stand.

That's my exact take on things also. Have never in my life asked somebody in front of me to sit down at football, and never intend to. If the stewards want people to sit down, then they can't just arbitrarily ask people to sit down. They have to ask the people in the first row that's standing to sit down. And these people shouldn't then act all surprised when asked to do so.

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
The north stand is the heart and soul of the stadium and the start to ANY songs which are all to help the team. The stewards or whoever are ruining the experience for everybody then. If you don't want to stand f*** off to one of the boring stands and sit there quietly not cheering on your team. I can understand sitting down for parts of the game and know the stewards are only doing there job at the end of the day. We are not the yob stand we are the stand that gets the team and the fans going which is so important.they will never stop us standing when we get into the other teams half as its natural to stand up and get excited about scoring or even getting out of our half sometimes when we pass it around the back 5 for 10 mins ;) think I but of give on both sides will see this go away. Seagulls seagulls

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Having read the thread about the exclusion of a fan following the Palace home match I noticed the one about the Southampton V Man Utd match where Utd fans stood in the disabled area so disabled fans couldn't see and the Soton stewards refused to sort it out for fear of trouble.

The Independent Football Ombudsman

Its twats like that, who get away with everything, which rubs off on fans who have respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here