Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewarding at the Amex

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Although in the past I have been critical of the crystal palace fiasco I find the stewarding at the amex very good they seem to be much more friendlier than at withers so its not all doom and gloom mr h

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Provocative, they went there LOOKING for an argument.

Or were the supporters looking for an arguement? From what I saw it was the people in the stand reviling them and refusing to comply with their instructions, that led to the stewards responding negatively. Then it became a sad game for the supporters to bait them constantly, hardly a suprise that they responded how they did. Often you get out of life what you put in.

D

Deleted member 2719

I am very disappointed at how good they have been in the wsu it's always good to have a bit of steward jostling to keep us amused.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It all depends really.
You have to remember all the CCTV cameras around the stadium.
If you are identified, then you will get a speaking too.
If its in the family stand, then you will be asked to leave.

Remember the 3 strikes and your out rule.

So you have come on here under the pretext of " how is it all going mates" to actually warning us all

Nice one

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Seems fine to me. Considering the amount of alcohol consumed before matches and in the ground I'm surprised there has not been a few few more issues. I guess the CCTV allows them to monitor things from a distance rather than go piling into the stands in a highly visible way.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Or were the supporters looking for an arguement? From what I saw it was the people in the stand reviling them and refusing to comply with their instructions, that led to the stewards responding negatively. Then it became a sad game for the supporters to bait them constantly, hardly a suprise that they responded how they did. Often you get out of life what you put in.

Both times I had to converse with them, they were unhelpful and aggressive, neither had anything to do with the 14years olds singing some songs about employment.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Hi

What do u think about the stewarding arrangements at the Amex.

Better or worse than the Withdean?.

At the Withdean i sat in H block because the stewards were little Hitlers,at Falmer i stand in front of my seat in the North stand where i fcuking love the stewards

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Both times I had to converse with them, they were unhelpful and aggressive, neither had anything to do with the 14years olds singing some songs about employment.

Probably because their previous experience of the pureile tools that inhabited parts of those stands had set the level, it wasn't you, but how were they to know that? They may have been unhelpful and agressive to you, but they had probably already experienced the foul and abusive crap from the other morons who crawled around there and were suitably pissed off. Makes you realise that those imbeciles had simply achieved their aims, week in and week out behaving like lowlife, making it difficult for those of us who are good and reasonable. Forget them, don't blame the staff, enjoy the Amex, Seagulls!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seems fine to me. Considering the amount of alcohol consumed before matches and in the ground I'm surprised there has not been a few few more issues. I guess the CCTV allows them to monitor things from a distance rather than go piling into the stands in a highly visible way.

I would go with that as many people at home games are now totally hammered due to alcohol actually being available for a change and there seems no trouble at all.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Got no complaints. Mind you I didn't have any complaints at Withdean except for the few times I found myself in H block. As others have pointed out the stewards there just assumed that everybody in H block was a troublemaker and so they thought it was best to get their retaliation in first.

The funny things is that in the back of the North Stand you can now do exactly what they tried to stop people doing in H block!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It does seem that most stewards treat you more as valued customers and that's how it should be and makes quite a difference to the matchday experience.

For far too long people going to football have been treated as some sort of deliquents.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's just common sense is it not.

Yes it is so why come on here to tell us?

Have you done this officially......if you have we're you cleared by your supervisor to do this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here