Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
new%2Bsofa%2Bpillows.jpg

pringles.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You are a steward, aren't you The Tall One?

In light of the banning at St Mary's for some carefully chosen swear words - Is that sort of thing likely to happen at Amex? Have stewards been ordered to crack down on swear words?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I never had any problems at Withdean and I haven't had any at Falmer.

Perhaps the common theme might be luck or perhaps it's consideration and reasonableness on my part invoking good behavoiur & humour from the stewards.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
No comparison really, tons better apart from some isolated incidents it appears.
They are no where near as intrusive as they were at withdean

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I never had any problems at Withdean and I haven't had any at Falmer.

Perhaps the common theme might be luck or perhaps it's consideration and reasonableness on my part invoking good behavoiur & humour from the stewards.

I would agree with that in the main but I had the misfortune to sit in H block for a couple of games where the Stewards were very provocative and in your face all the time which rather distracted from the match

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

In light of the banning at St Mary's for some carefully chosen swear words - Is that sort of thing likely to happen at Amex? Have stewards been ordered to crack down on swear words?

Depends what stand your in (family stand- no tollerence) and depends on what context its put in and if its in a aggressive manner, however a warning is normally given before any action taken IE removed from the ground, if you continue to behave in that manner you would be removed and only usually banned if you didn't go quietly (e.g kicked off, being aggressive etc)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I would agree with that in the main but I had the misfortune to sit in H block for a couple of games where the Stewards were very provocative and in your face all the time which rather distracted from the match

Provocative, or provoked?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'd say provocative actually, from their body language, the way they dressed, the way they grouped together and just stared constantly into the block. Like I say, I only sat there twice and it was very uncomfortable. If anything, the way they behaved provoked a reaction from the fans in that block.
Anyway, it's a different story now.

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007

It all depends really.
You have to remember all the CCTV cameras around the stadium.
If you are identified, then you will get a speaking too.
If its in the family stand, then you will be asked to leave.

Remember the 3 strikes and your out rule.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The only problem I've had at the Amex is with my camera - told flat out that I couldn't even take it out of my bag, even just to grab some snaps of the stadium pre- or post-match. Said steward then stood by the stairs and kept an eye on me (and everyone else around, obviously), a full 45 minutes before kick-off.

Having said that, it's only happened once so I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding on his part...

Seagull16

Sep 28, 2011
The only problem I've had at the Amex is with my camera - told flat out that I couldn't even take it out of my bag, even just to grab some snaps of the stadium pre- or post-match. Said steward then stood by the stairs and kept an eye on me (and everyone else around, obviously), a full 45 minutes before kick-off.

Having said that, it's only happened once so I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding on his part...

Really?? I've taken my camera to most games, taken loads of pictures and filmed many videos..funny.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Really?? I've taken my camera to most games, taken loads of pictures and filmed many videos..funny.

Yeah, as I say it was just one steward at one match - there have been other games where I've been fine. Guess it was a new steward...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Whilst that prick hebbard remains at the club, it's never, EVER going to be good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here