Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevenage player punched to ground after game

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
sbfc.mpl

They have a pretty good picture of him on their forum.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Satanage fans are all complete wankers. They accused Barnet fans of ripping out seats from the away end and throwing coins at them on their forum. I didn't see any trouble IN the ground. Really f***ing hate that club and hope they get a shitty draw in the fourth round like Swansea or Huddersfield away.

Gee thanks! Even those like me and friends who booked holiday days to join Brighton supporters on their protest marches at Labour conferences? Obtain many signatures for petitions? For the record I'm Brighton born & bred and bloody proud of it. I've supported Brighton since 1953/4 season when my late father took me to the Golstone. I moved to Hertfordshire, not Barnet, in 1973 & continued to attend Brighton games whenever refereeing duties permitted. I started to also support Stevenage when they were non-league back in the mid 1990's feeling I could justify both. Well the inevitable happened & they gained, with honour, league status. I worked for Stevenage for a couple of years purely for love & am not aware of any allegations of criminal damage levied toward Barnet fans, Cambridge in past seasons yes, but Barnet no. So please take your rather sour grapes elsewhere and let both my teams continue to enjoy the weekend.

BTY....the person responsible for the assualt on Scotty Laird has already been identified and reported to the club & police.....can you believe the idiot boasted about it on his Facebook!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gee thanks! Even those like me and friends who booked holiday days to join Brighton supporters on their protest marches at Labour conferences? Obtain many signatures for petitions? For the record I'm Brighton born & bred and bloody proud of it. I've supported Brighton since 1953/4 season when my late father took me to the Golstone. I moved to Hertfordshire, not Barnet, in 1973 & continued to attend Brighton games whenever refereeing duties permitted. I started to also support Stevenage when they were non-league back in the mid 1990's feeling I could justify both. Well the inevitable happened & they gained, with honour, league status. I worked for Stevenage for a couple of years purely for love & am not aware of any allegations of criminal damage levied toward Barnet fans, Cambridge in past seasons yes, but Barnet no. So please take your rather sour grapes elsewhere and let both my teams continue to enjoy the weekend.

BTY....the person responsible for the assualt on Scotty Laird has already been identified and reported to the club & police.....can you believe the idiot boasted about it on his Facebook!

Of coarse i can believe it,it is just the sort of thing a brain dead twat like this would do.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Boroseagull,

I owe you a sincere apology for my rant at Stevenage FC on Saturday. To label all your supporters in a bad light after one isolated incident just wasn't acceptable.

False accusations were made against the behaviour of our fans last Monday after a bitterly disappointing defeat. Even at 4-0 down after 50 minutes we still sang our hearts out. Yes, I have to admit part of my post was sour grapes as your lot ALWAYS seem to beat Barnet every time we play you and it hurts badly. To see your local rivals on the up with their potential, enjoying success isn't easy to digest but you seem a thoroughly decent person that acted in a dignified way after my post. Sorry if I have offended you and hope you savour your well deserved win over Newcastle.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Boroseagull,

I owe you a sincere apology for my rant at Stevenage FC on Saturday. To label all your supporters in a bad light after one isolated incident just wasn't acceptable.

False accusations were made against the behaviour of our fans last Monday after a bitterly disappointing defeat. Even at 4-0 down after 50 minutes we still sang our hearts out. Yes, I have to admit part of my post was sour grapes as your lot ALWAYS seem to beat Barnet every time we play you and it hurts badly. To see your local rivals on the up with their potential, enjoying success isn't easy to digest but you seem a thoroughly decent person that acted in a dignified way after my post. Sorry if I have offended you and hope you savour your well deserved win over Newcastle.

Thank you for your full apology - it takes a man to do that on a public forum. Subject closed.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Boroseagull

Do you know why he did it?

good luck in the next round

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
From the BBC;

'A man has been arrested over an attack on Stevenage footballer Scott Laird after the League Two club's 3-1 defeat of Newcastle United in the FA Cup.
The defender was knocked to the ground after the final whistle on Saturday as Stevenage's players celebrated with fans on the pitch at Broadhall Way.
A 24-year-old from Stevenage is being held on suspicion of assault.
Police are still keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the attack on the defender.'

I just have one question to ask: Why are police keen to speak to those that witnessed it? Haven't they got all the evidence they need?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
love the way everyones against the attacker without knowing any previous history about the incident (if any), would you all apologise and recall your statements if the Stevenage player shagged the fiance of the attacker?....nah course not....

Clairvoyant or in the know??? Still, it still sounds like he was being an idiot. And the girl is no better - "He was being protective. It was a moment of madness." Protective of what? Insecure more like.....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Clairvoyant or in the know??? Still, it still sounds like he was being an idiot. And the girl is no better - "He was being protective. It was a moment of madness." Protective of what? Insecure more like.....

Great Jeremy Kyle material!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here