Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Dobbie to Millwall

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
More chance of selling CMS than shafting Dobbie out on loan.

Feel sorry for the fella, I bet he kicks himself everyday for not choosing the Blackpool route.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am a bit confused, Millwall are above us in the table and we are helping them out with a striker, seems strange..

It's a bit like Yeovil lending us Lloyd Owusu back in the day isn't it, beggars can't be choosers! They wanted him off the wage bill, we wanted a deadly hitman... As it is with Millwall...! We want Dobbie off the wage bill for the rest of the season to free up some cash for potential new signings and if Millwall are the only club interested, then so be it. Personally, I don't see it as being a problem because we don't need to worry about other clubs and what they're doing. I understand the argument you shouldn't help your rivals in the table but I'm confident with the way we're evolving OUR squad, it won't matter what others do.
:thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Agreed this would be ridiculous if he hit it off at Millwall and his goals fired them into the play offs at our expense. The only Championship clubs we should entertain a bid from if anyway is those in the bottom 3.

..............is the sensible response. Suggesting that we would improve a rival's propects is a nonsense. Imagine the carnage on here if it was the difference between them making the play-offs and us!

Utter tosh! :lolol:

Last edited:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The Dobbie situation seems a strange one, expected him to have alot more game time than he currently has got when we signed him. It just cant see the idea of loaning him to Millwall being a good move though. Dont want to help out other potential play off contenders.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How about CMS to Watford and Kuszczak to Hull?
That should kill off our chances completely!

WUM's on here do my head sometimes :rant:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
NSC Logic
Don't run around enough == not interested
Run around a lot == headless chicken

The only credential you need to be appreciated no matter what you do is to have a first name of Ashley.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Strangest transfer Gus has made so far imho. He was very late in the window on the last day...does this signify a panic buy as nobody else available. Surely give the lad a run of games or like someone else pointed out he might not be cutting it in training. From what I have seen he gives the ball away cheaply at times.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Strangest transfer Gus has made so far imho. He was very late in the window on the last day...does this signify a panic buy as nobody else available. Surely give the lad a run of games or like someone else pointed out he might not be cutting it in training. From what I have seen he gives the ball away cheaply at times.

Agree and can only wonder at what Gus said to him when negotiating ... but I bet it wasn't "we'll give you the odd run out and not let you get established". Dobbie could have gone to a number of different clubs I reckon and his (few) performances that have been underwhelming may well reflect his feeling that he's been turned over, dunno but I could understand why he isn't happy.

I like the bloke and think he could have made a really good contribution sitting just behind our front man, but if he isn't going to play then I think we should let him go and get his "career" going again

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I agree although I understand why he's been overlooked (in particular with preference to Barnes and Buckley). I also really hope that he succeeds with us, I'd love him to do exactly as you've said (as long as it doesn't cost us a play-off place at Millwall's expense!!)

my thoughts exactly.........can see it happening though can't you.....:ffsparr: don't think wall will be such a threat now wood has gone...tbh

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't see this happening. Surely we could loan him to a team not in direct competition to us?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Although it could be argued that someone is 'disinterested' if they are not a participant in a match e.g. when they are not even on the substitutes' bench. However, I get your point.

Agreed, and if indeed that was the subtle point being made, that would be fine. However, I think that everyone discussing this (and on previous threads) just means that Dobbie hasn't shown a lot of interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here