Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably better than you though

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hmmm...

He said it is going to take a while to adapt to the English game as it is much different to the Scottish game. He hasn't had a settled partner yet and he had a bad game against a team that is not too bad.

Marvellous. Shall we ship him back now or give him a chance?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Admittedly he had a poor game yesterday (and perhaps was lucky not to walk after that slap), but he's shown enough to make me think he could do a job

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He is ok , think it's clear he is no world beater but he is ok. Badly needs someone alongside him who is "class" . Fraser is truly Mr Inconsistent

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I think that is the correct response.

don't get me wrong - I hope he becomes a decent player for us. So far though I think he's been poor and I've not seen anything to suggest he has much ability

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Steve Thomson has the potential to be a class player in this division.

Seeing him play against Crewe was delightful, he was excellent that day and I believe that is just a glimpse of what he is capable of.

I think we have to give him a real chance, and then maybe we'll start to reap the benefits!

scooter1

How soon is now?
He had this nasty habit yesterday on constantly turning in on himself and straight into trouble - normally leading to a loss of possession. I didn't see the "slap" but I guess he was lucky to stay on the pitch.

I can't believe how many chances we had yesterday and in the end were lucky to get a draw

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hope he puts in a good performance soon.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
From what I have seen so far he is an absolute nonentity.

Lets hope he proves me wrong.........but I doubt it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Undoubtedly a decent player that generally keeps the ball moving and keeps possession.

He will not excite, thats not his style of play.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was getting a bit frustrated with him yesterday. Too much stuff either broke down with him when the ball was passed to him, or he did little creatively.

We were debating this in the Basketmakers last night, and I was getting a tad animated. I blame the eleventy pints of HSB. However, we all agreed he didn't have a great game, but, as yet, I haven't seen him have a decent game for us at all.

If - IF - one central midfielder is there to be more defensively minded, and one attack-minded, then surely logic dictates that, in this instance, Tommy Fraser takes the defensive role, meaning Thomson should push forward - something he rarely, if ever, does. For me, he needs to up his work-rate.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was getting a bit frustrated with him yesterday. Too much stuff either broke down with him when the ball was passed to him, or he did little creatively.

We were debating this in the Basketmakers last night, and I was getting a tad animated. I blame the eleventy pints of HSB. However, we all agreed he didn't have a great game, but, as yet, I haven't seen him have a decent game for us at all.

If - IF - one central midfielder is there to be more defensively minded, and one attack-minded, then surely logic dictates that, in this instance, Tommy Fraser takes the defensive role, meaning Thomson should push forward - something he rarely, if ever, does. For me, he needs to up his work-rate.

Maybe he thought this league would be a hell of a lot easier than Scotland?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Why do you think Fraser is the defensive one? People said this about O'Callaghan too, not realising what an important role he was playing when he came deep.

Thompson played poorly yesterday but he's had good games, in fact I think most of his performances have been pretty good.

Maybe he thought this league would be a hell of a lot easier than Scotland?

Maybe he's just turning up to do a job, and keep his missus happy.

I'm not sure he's going to be happy down here, unless it's treated as a 'new beginning' for him in his career.
From what I've seen so far, he ought to be in the reserves and working towards getting into the first team, not a shoe-in for the midfield place.

We replaced Revell alright, but not Hammond quite yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here