Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve the mouth (Albion and Sussex follower

stepping back for one minute......does anyone know the facts here?

Did anyone complain about his "fruity expletives"? I think that may be the issue here. If someone complains , then the stewards have a duty to investigate that....maybe that is the case.

I am not sure they would deliberately single someone out for the hell of it!

Although the foul mouthed scroats who sit behind us in H block and use the C word should in my opinion be hurled out!

I know this guy and he is a really nice block intent on supporting BHA and Sussex in the best possible way. He is completely harmless and swears no more than you or me.

With regards to your point I heard them talking to him and it sounded like something along the lines of, "we have been watching you, now time for a chat" I don't think anyone did complain and even if they did they then went about their chat right outside the gate, with about 5 or 6 stewards and a few policemen surrounding him. It wasn't exactly the best way of going about it.

Anyway I can't complain about the Stewards, especially since they gave me, you and most of G/H and J block the best entertainment ever witnessed at the Withdean a few years back when they pulled that blokes false leg off. :lolol:

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Here Here mouth is a legend wish most suporters had half his passion as for hibbard and his crew he does not even like football let alone our club just rides on the back of martin perrys coatails why cant they adopt the sensible aproach like PC Darren Balkham TOP BLOKE EVEN THOUGH HES MAN U WORSE THAN BEING A COPPER REALLY !

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
For what it's now worth THIS is what happened;

Apparently a couple of numptys near Mouth complained about his behaviour in the first half, the stewards then kept an eye on him for most of the second and on his leaving the ground at full-time the stewards pulled him.

When Steve objected to their allegations more stewards got involved, then
several old bill too as the exchange became more heated!

All this could have been avoided with a quiet word of warning at half-time - simple as that!

Steve is a good pal of mine and is a decent guy - passionate and vociferous yes but definitely not abusive or nasty!

For Christs sake - who has not sworn once in a while out there?!

Also for what its worth I overheard to old girls talking about him afterwards and they were saying he'd done or said no more than anyone else out there - whoever grassed him up should be fvcking ashamed of themselves btw!!!

e block season ticket holder here.

have seen and heard plenty from mouth throughout the withdean years. i personally think he's a bit of a plumb, but i would completely and utterly defend his right to shout and cajole and get behind his team. you might not agree with his views on the team, but i've never heard him shout anything that could be construed as offensive. the guy airs his frustrations with a few fruity expletives thrown in from time to time... but that's all.

woeful stewarding.

What are acceptable fruity expletives ?

Would you like a 'special' section where expletives are allowed and encouraged, away from the earshot of normal fans? A place where 'certain types of people' can :rant: and get their life frustrations off the motorway and into a sports theatre?

Perhaps worth a poll, then it can be put to the club :thumbsup: :jester:

An alternative though, might simply be to have a mosh pit :lol:

steve-c

so if i get my season ticket for myself and my grandaughter at falmer, then show some passion, stand up , vocal support ect, do i run the risk of being ejected and banned, i know the club will come out with the usual ....its league rules, but unless we have a safety officer with a bit of sense , and passes this on to the stewards, we run the risk of having a crap home support, cause we've all been ejected and banned. i think i will wait on the purchase of the season tickets to see how we are treated at falmer, and just keep going to away matches , more revenue lost to the club, yea i'm a bad fan, but i like a football match with an atmosphere, like when grandad, dad and me went and football fans had passion about their team and were allowed to express themselves.like football fans supporting their team

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Well in the early days at Withdean after a particularly woeful referring display the chant went up "the referee's a ****" - not wanker.

So really there should have been a mass ejection.

It is a football match. There will be swearing. Most people keep it within sensible bounds. As seems to have been the case here. What has happened has been a very poor bit of stewarding that has caused more trouble than it was intended to prevent.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Would you like a 'special' section where expletives are allowed and encouraged, away from the earshot of normal fans? A place where 'certain types of people' can :rant: and get their life frustrations off the motorway and into a sports theatre?

Perhaps worth a poll, then it can be put to the club :thumbsup: :jester:

An alternative though, might simply be to have a mosh pit :lol:

don't be so sanctimonious. have you ever shouted f*** f***ing or fucker at a football match? of course you have.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Was this swearer, the one that could be heard across to the other side of Withdean?
I'm still wondering if that was a fan or a manager

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm genuinly pleased to see NSC looking after one of its own (as in an Albion fan) who was clearly wrongly treated. Plus there were quite a few having a pop at the stewards / OB which was GOOD.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
For what it's worth, at the Amex they are planning to have a zero tolerance anti social zone in the East Stand, which will house the family stand. The clubs safety officer Richard Hebberd referred to it at the Ropetackle a few months back.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For what it's worth, at the Amex they are planning to have a zero tolerance anti social zone in the East Stand, which will house the family stand. The clubs safety officer Richard Hebberd referred to it at the Ropetackle a few months back.

so where does the club draw the line.

Scenario

xxxx gets the ball and goes to cross it and baloons it into Falmer train station:

1. You say f***ing HELL YOU USELESS TOSSER -- unacceptable?

2. You say BLOODY HELL --- unacceptable?

3. You say DEARIE ME, THAT WAS A POOR CROSS ---unacceptable?

4. You stand up and throw your season ticket at Poyet-----unacceptable?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

That's fine in the family stand. Let's hope they take a more leneant view of this in the North stand where we're planning on having an away style atmosphere every match :thumbsup:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
so where does the club draw the line.

Scenario

xxxx gets the ball and goes to cross it and baloons it into Falmer train station:

1. You say f***ing HELL YOU USELESS TOSSER -- unacceptable?

2. You say BLOODY HELL --- unacceptable?

3. You say DEARIE ME, THAT WAS A POOR CROSS ---unacceptable?

4. You stand up and throw your season ticket at Poyet-----unacceptable?

In the family stand 3 is ok in my opinion but not 1 and 2.

4 depends on how you did it - if its a throwing on the ground and stomping off at the end of the game, then acceptable, if its throwing it toward the bench with spittle coming out your mouth with a face as red as a beet, whilst screaming incoherent swear words then not acceptable...

In the non-family stands I'm alright with 1 and 2 (although I'm not mad keen on it I understand it is in most peoples vocabulary)..

I draw the line at the c word. Truly unacceptable word.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Having a voice that is louder than everyone else's, and that can be heard over everyone else's, does not make him a legend.

I've sat a few rows in front of him since day one at Withdean. He can be incredibly annoying with his inane, and often very negative, comments. That does not constitute 'supporting the team' in my book.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke, and his passion for the Albion is not in question, but he winds a lot of people up with his 'look-at-me' diatribe.

I don't think he should have been hassled at the end of the game but I do believe that he should think before he opens his infamous mouth sometimes.

I'm passionate, vociferous, and get behind the team, but I do it by being positive and shouting encouragement at players.

In the first half yesterday, in a moment of otherwise complete silence, Mouth f'ed and blinded at Murray - who was surrounded by three players and unlucky not to get a corner - for failling to get a cross in.

Is that supporting the club?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Which I think is maybe not a bad idea. Take the kids in there and let the ADULTS who have been supporting the Albion when some of these stewards were in nappies say "sh!t", "w@nker" or "Pala*se".

I understand that some people might want to bring their 5 year old along and ideally don't want them to hear swear words (which they will learn in the play ground or on TV anyway), but I am afraid people wont stop just because you put up a cheap green sign. If you don't want your child to ever hear a swear word you don't take them to football for starters or you sit in the family stand... (which, by the way sang you're sh*t aaarrgggghhhh on Saturday :lol: ).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here