Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve the mouth (Albion and Sussex follower

in a block we have a adult:p and three:drool::clap2::ohmy: or four :(teenagers singing songs they dont know the words to shouting out! "what school did you go to goalie" and other highly comical one liners! i'm thinking of moving my seat its so cringy,if i took a new fan to a game it would not help to bring them into the albion fold,i have supported the albion vocaly and crave a decent atmo but these people just discourage support because of there moronic tones:facepalm: falmer needs a proper singing section that is encouraged by the club,also not to far from the family section as the kids need to feel the atmo as well:albion2::amex::albion1:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have written to the club, hopefully others will too

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I have written to the club, hopefully others will too

I am sure that will do no harm, but if Insiders replies to these sort of questions in the past are anything to go by, I believe the club will mere "toe the party line" of club safety etc etc etc.......

They will ignore the deeper concerns of the supporters and just hope we all get used to these draconian, power-mad stewards.

Would a one-minute organised "Stand -up" be a more effective way of showing the club how supporters feel about the issue...?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am sure that will do no harm, but if Insiders replies to these sort of questions in the past are anything to go by, I believe the club will mere "toe the party line" of club safety etc etc etc.......

They will ignore the deeper concerns of the supporters and just hope we all get used to these draconian, power-mad stewards.

Would a one-minute organised "Stand -up" be a more effective way of showing the club how supporters feel about the issue...?

Thats probably right, but doesn't mean we should register our concerns.

I love the idea of a stand up protest!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Stand up, if you love the club!
Stand up, if you love the club!

Stand up for yourselves Brighton, these stewards are nothing if you stand together :thumbsup:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Sorry but at the end of the day its not WHAT you do but the WAY that you do it. Sadly a good deal of the stewards look at people and think "he looks like trouble" and then proceed to create trouble where there was none in the first place.

Would you stand and stare at anyone in public? Surely you can get a good idea of what someone is doing by a passing glimpse?

As someone posted, we are generally very well behaved fans, and if you think about it, the stewards have very little to do, so need to be seen to be doing something, hence making mountains out of molehills, and simply justifying themselves being there. It's the same in many walks of life unfortunately...

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I agree with Lord B over this. I'm in G Block but I found the constant to and fro of the stewards and police between one end of the south stand to the other a real distraction on Saturday. There were huddles, finger pointing, police rushing up to talk to the stewards around the dug outs: it was difficult not to see their actions rather than watch the football.
I would like to see a minimal prescence on the running track during the match and a cessation of finger pointing. Let's face it the South Stand is not a hotbed of hooliganism and requires minimal stewarding.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree with Lord B over this. I'm in G Block but I found the constant to and fro of the stewards and police between one end of the south stand to the other a real distraction on Saturday. There were huddles, finger pointing, police rushing up to talk to the stewards around the dug outs: it was difficult not to see their actions rather than watch the football.
I would like to see a minimal prescence on the running track during the match and a cessation of finger pointing. Let's face it the South Stand is not a hotbed of hooliganism and requires minimal stewarding.

Smacks of total jobsworth and if it carries on will create animosity and more ill feeling.

Needs to stop now.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
So do you get so worked up about supermarket employees, etc because your under observation in there? but they have cameras doing the survaillance instead of stewards?

That is a stupid argument. If you want the equivalent it would be walking around the supermarket with a security bloke in front of you watching your every move. I am not a criminal and do not expect to be treated as such. Stewards are there to prevent trouble - not cause it.

Do you get annoyed walking down a High Street because there are CCTV cameras there too, or is your issue (like many others on here by the sounds of it) with the people watching you actually being visible while doing this role?

See above. I am not stupid and understand the need for stewards and most of them do their jobs sensibly. I have no problem with these stewards. You can see them at any home match.

Would you get pissed off in a pub if the bar staff were watching you because you were being a bit loud and vocal?

Or it is just because it is a football match and you expect something very different and that rules just don't apply there because someone has brought a ticket?

This is a football message board - why do you come on here if you do not understand the difference between the pub and a football match.

Blimey Mr GF - are you just trying to stir things ?

In the history of NSC stupid posts. Yours is right up there.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Hibbard does not give a toss about the fans he also thinks hes a billy big boots there only paid as part time consultant certain board members are uneasy by the way he operates and would like him out

optimus prime

Aug 5, 2010
If Steve was treated unfairly the Football Supporters Federation would like to hear the details http://www.fsf.org.uk/fan-in-trouble.php

General e-mail here: info@fsf.org.uk
Southern FSF rep e-mail here: julie.beattie@fsf.org.uk
Phone: 0330 44 000 44.

FSF advice on what fans should do if they feel they have been badly treated by police / stewards here http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Deighton%20Guedalla.pdf

FSF advice on fans rights http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Bust-Cards-Web(1).pdf

Ejected from a stadium and worried the club will pass on your details to 3rd party, advice here http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Fan_In_Trouble(1).pdf

Info on police and stewarding in general http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Stand%20Up%20Sit%20Down%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

optimus prime

Aug 5, 2010
Last home game of the season, everyone should turn up wearing these with a black balloon

Prisoner_3.gif
How about everyone goes dressed as stewards, they'd be confused as f***.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hibbard does not give a toss about the fans he also thinks hes a billy big boots there only paid as part time consultant certain board members are uneasy by the way he operates and would like him out

the experience I have had in dealing with Richard, this is not the case at all. I have always found him very easy to get on with!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
e block season ticket holder here.

have seen and heard plenty from mouth throughout the withdean years. i personally think he's a bit of a plumb, but i would completely and utterly defend his right to shout and cajole and get behind his team. you might not agree with his views on the team, but i've never heard him shout anything that could be construed as offensive. the guy airs his frustrations with a few fruity expletives thrown in from time to time... but that's all.

woeful stewarding.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
stepping back for one minute......does anyone know the facts here?

Did anyone complain about his "fruity expletives"? I think that may be the issue here. If someone complains , then the stewards have a duty to investigate that....maybe that is the case.

I am not sure they would deliberately single someone out for the hell of it!

Although the foul mouthed scroats who sit behind us in H block and use the C word should in my opinion be hurled out!

How about everyone goes dressed as stewards, they'd be confused as f***.

some lads at FC United went to an away match wearing hi viz gear, all pissed up and generally having a good time, it caused quite an issue as a lot of people did think they were stewards!

With regard to Steve, he's a friend of mine and if some on here demonstrated 1% of the passion he shows for The Albion/Sussex CCC we'd put the kop to shame.

optimus prime

Aug 5, 2010
Did anyone complain about his "fruity expletives"? I think that may be the issue here. If someone complains , then the stewards have a duty to investigate that....maybe that is the case.

I am not sure they would deliberately single someone out for the hell of it!

The OP mentioned that the stewards said they'd recieved a complaint & were acting on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here