Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Harper

Poyet is keen to extend his loan until January. Is this an indication that Brighton will try and sign him once the transfer window re-opens. The difference in class between Harper and the other keepers on our books is so evident.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Good news. I get the impression that if his wife is keen on moving from Newcastle he would like to sign permanently. Brezovan and Poke are clearly not up to this level and Ankergren is borderline.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I get such a confident feeling with Harper in goal. On Sunday Barnsley had a shot into Harper's top left corner which looked like he would fail to reach, but he got 2 hands to it and pushed it around the post. I couldn't help but think , if that was Casper, would he have flopped it into the goal...I think I know the answer!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Will he be happy moving down here though? Sounds like his Mrs (and child?) are well settled up north and I'd imagine he'd have a host of clubs interested so we could possibly miss out on a permanent deal because of location again (Kevin Phillips being another)

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Agree with DFP. Certainly makes me feel a lot more confident having him in goal, and he seems to have the same effect on the players too.

Really hope he'll come here permanently. Been very impressed with him.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Good news for us.
If we could sign him permanently he could really end his career on a high by helping the mighty Albion into the Premiership rather than fade out quietly in Newcastle's reserves!
Come on Steve, go out in a blaze of glory.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't see him coming perm i'm afraid - Wife and kids still in Newcastle and presumable settled. Plus that's where he comes from, plus he's getting on so it's not like a career defining move. Hope i'm wrong though as he's been great.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
According to that his loan has been extended. This hasn't been report on the OS or Argus, so I presume that's incorrect?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can't see him coming perm i'm afraid - Wife and kids still in Newcastle and presumable settled. Plus that's where he comes from, plus he's getting on so it's not like a career defining move. Hope i'm wrong though as he's been great.

As a professional footballer you have to accept a move away from the comfort zone in the twilight of your career. Brighton is still within commuting distance using a plane as part of the journey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here