Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Harper

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Can't see him coming perm i'm afraid - Wife and kids still in Newcastle and presumable settled. Plus that's where he comes from

According to my source* (after years on here I finally have a source!) you might not be too far off there. Apparently he's always lacked a bit of ambition, being perfectly content to play for his hometown club and living in the area where he grew up. He never felt the need to take himself out of the comfort zone.**

*My source is an old friend of his who grew up with him and played in the same football club as him when they were kids.

**My exclusive source hasn't really revealed too much there has he? Still, it's nice to finally be able to join every other poster on NSC in having one.

Albion Rob

Can't see him coming perm i'm afraid - Wife and kids still in Newcastle QUOTE]

To be fair, isn't he only down her for a month or so? Would be unilkely he would pull his kids out of school and make his wife give up her job/friends/shopping preferences for something short term that he wouldn't know would work out.

If he was our No1 and had a two year contract, that could be a different matter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If as many suggest we have a plan to be midtable this season and then go for promotion next would he still be cappable in 18 months time of starting for us in the Premier Division or should we look at a younger experienced keeper like Kuszczak (sp) of United who had experience with WBA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here