Steve Coppell

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
Will all you Brighton fans stop pining about coppell leaving
lets face facts.... all managers are interested in is the money
we lost pardew to west ham because mad would not put his
hand in his pocket.
Lets face it Reading are a bigger club and are going places so you cant blame him......and prob another 90k a year!!!!!!
so just get on with it like we have

LOYAL ROYAL

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Reading a bigger club that is the funniest thing I have heard all day!!!:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
2-2 against the mighty Bradford.

We are just top of the league!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have heard you have only offered him 10K more than he's getting here, you 'big club' you :p

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
Hilton said:
Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league, Top of the league.:wave: :banana: :banana: :banana: :dance:

Good i'm glad hope he can continue the form with us

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Royal said:
What DIV 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the one you thought you had won 18 months ago until you bottled the last few games and became runners up.

We want our trophy back :lolol: :lolol:

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Royal said:
Reading are going places

Yep, division 2 I'm afraid though. I wouldn't mind you lot staying up there for next year as I'll be at Uni there and will be nice when Brighton come to town, but sadly, not going to happen.

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
Yorkie said:
You know the one you thought you had won 18 months ago until you bottled the last few games and became runners up.

We want our trophy back :lolol: :lolol:

But when we both went into div1 .....who were the daddys
YOU WENT DOWN ..........i rest my case

As a Brighton fan exiled in Reading I can confirm what a :censored: place it really is.

The Reading fans are so plastic it's unbelievable and have ideas way above their station because they have a chairman who splashed a bit of cash to build them a stadium that is way beyond the needs of such a small footballing town.

If Coppell chose to go to Reading he would need his head testing :shootself Big stadium does not equal big club...it does however mean the few that turn up have inflated expectations way beyond the club.

I fed up of these :censored: royals coming on here giving it the biggy...why don't you just go down Oxford Road and see if any more of your mindless morons turn up to shoot you. :salute:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Royal get real - if the Mad man pulled his finance Reading would go bust

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
As a Brighton fan exiled in Reading I can confirm what a :censored: place it really is.

The Reading fans are so plastic it's unbelievable and have ideas way above their station because they have a chairman who splashed a bit of cash to build them a stadium that is way beyond the needs of such a small footballing town.

If Coppell chose to go to Reading he would need his head testing :shootself Big stadium does not equal big club...it does however mean the few that turn up have inflated expectations way beyond the club.

I fed up of these :censored: royals coming on here giving it the biggy...why don't you just go down Oxford Road and see if any more of your mindless morons turn up to shoot you. :salute:

As Another seagull living near reading I can't agree more. Out of the crowd today probaly half just turned up because it way easy. They really are a nothing club.

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
y2dave said:
As Another seagull living near reading I can't agree more. Out of the crowd today probaly half just turned up because it way easy. They really are a nothing club.

AND YOU ARE ....WHAT A JOKE

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Royal I'd get away from this spat if I were you.

There is no way you can even believe that Reading come anywhere near us for passion and commitment.

There are three Reading fans where I work and they summed up the complete end product of the backward place where they are.

Totally suicidal as they pissed away the Div 2 Championship. every Monday was a councilling session.

Just accept the fact very gracefully - you can't match us for commmitment and passion

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
Beach Hut said:
Royal I'd get away from this spat if I were you.

There is no way you can even believe that Reading come anywhere near us for passion and commitment.

There are three Reading fans where I work and they summed up the complete end product of the backward place where they are.

Totally suicidal as they pissed away the Div 2 Championship. every Monday was a councilling session.

Just accept the fact very gracefully - you can't match us for commmitment and passion

Being sensible now talking about passion & commitment...where were we last season just missed the playoff final and you say we have no passion after coming straight up from div2.
You want to look at your selfs remember you went down, no excuses so don't lectuer me about commitment.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We are:

A club which has played in the FA Cup Final, beating the likes of Newcastle and Liverpool at their own grounds en route.
Which has boasted many international players over the years.
Which, even in Division Three, has attracted crowds in excess of 30000.
Which has been managed by some of the most respected names in the game like Brian Clough, Alan Mullery, Liam Brady, Micky Adams and now Steve Coppell unlike the wannabes and never-will-bes on your managerial list. Oh, sorry, I forgot Mark McGhee - but then I did say 'respected', and he pretty quickly realised he was too good for you anyway.
Which has one of the best away followings outside of the Premiership.
Which has survived on sheer spirit for years without even having a ground of our own.
Which will be a force again once we finally get a stadium.

The problem you have, Royal, is you don't understand that it's history and passion which makes a football club what it is... not having a huge, half-empty ground and a fat wallet.

Twenty years down the line, if you can say you have truly established yourself as a club worthy of being in, at the very least, the First Division year in, year out, you will be able to claim something of Brighton's status. You'll have to fill that ground too, because we could have crammed it to bursting point even in the year we were winning the Division Three Championship. Most of all, you'll have made it if you can persuade your phoney fans to stick around once the going gets tough> More likely, they will ponce off to watch Man U or Chelsea or do something that counts as a thrill when you live in a town that's one big, glorified motorway junction, like tenpin bowling.

Of the three criteria, I'd concentrate on passing the third because, let's face it, when big bad John McMad gets bored of playing subbuteo with his little stripey team and their painted plastic fans, you're screwed.

The old adage springs to mind - form is temporary, class is permanent. Enjoy your heyday while it lasts (but if I were you, I'd buy a watch rather than a calendar to measure the rest of it).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here