Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell RESIGNS!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was working/watching SSN when it was all breaking news, amazing times! And then the Bristol City fan came in and wouldn't believe a word of what I was saying. He just wouldn't have it. Classic scenes when he came back in an hour later, having verified the story. :lolol:

I didn't have the heart to make a bet with him though. Despite his offer. It just wouldn't be fair.

All the best, Mr Coppell, superb manager and a genuine bloke. All the best in the future, but don't go into TV work. You're a boring sod who is dull to listen to. :) But he is the most intellectual football man I've ever heard of, with Roy Hodgson a close second.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How many jobs is this that Coppout has now resigned from? Jesus, if ever a bloke wasn't cut out for a pressured role it's him. I would politely suggest window cleaning or delivering newspapers as positions he could maybe hold his nerve in.

Jobs are hard to come by these days, particular in the North West.

If he's going back home and looking for that type of work, you'll probably have to resign from one of those positions yourself.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
1) We were FIVE points from safety with 34 matches to play when he took over. If that's doomed then I give up here and now.

2) We finished FOUR points from safety. You could argue the extent of his success here was improving us by one point, compared to those around us.

Edit: We actually finished five points from safety. So scrap that moment of praise for Mr Mediocrity.

or 1) we had just 4 points from 12 games under Hinshelwood or 0.333 points per game (which had it continued at that rate would have been 16 points if rounded up)

2) we secured a further 41 points from the remaining 34 games or 1.2 points per game (which would have given us 56 points over the season if we scored at the rate throughout, again rounding up) - a difference of 40 points for the whole season and enough to stay up with.

How about giving the guy some of the credit he deserves for his spell here

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NEAR being the key word.

Ability:

1) Micky part 1

:thumbsup:[/QUOT

His achievements speak for themselves but there was more luck involved than ability, lucky he had Zamora. Adams is not even in the top 5 in the ability stakes and a couple of light years behind Coppell.

I realise arguing with you is pointless as you have bigger blinkers than a rag and boneman's horse, but you are so f***ing wrong about Coppell.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Conspiracy theory, putting together

1: The alleged reason why Coppell quit at City after just 33 days, and
2: The David James & Robbie Williams incident at the Q awards a few years ago,

Ergo, Coppell has left to rejoin Take That.

I think.

It all makes sense now...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Opioions, opinions - from Badger [prick] theory to almost "lord" greatness.
So which is it?
Surely someone can set up a poll - statistically to calculate the NSC weighted view.

0 to 5 : zero = Badger theory, 5 = better than Furguson/Mourinio etc.

Then we add up the scores and devide by the number of voters and volia, we have the balanced view of the NSC readership.

Please can someone make this happen?

I predict a score of 3.82

Edit: Oops, I called it Badger theory - shit, he's gonna lambast me now claiming all his work is based on fact

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here