Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell on Monday

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Caveman said:
On Ask Jeeves I typed in Picture of Judas.

Looks very much like the Reading Manager

davinci_studie_fuer_das_abendmahl_judas.jpg
Coppell

stevecoppell_ns_e.jpg
Judas

???

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perry Milkins said:
I take issue with that point Easy. The sweets, having more density will carry further and have more chance of hitting the target.

The cake, on the other hand, is not robust and is liable to fall apart within a few feet of being launched and may land on some poor hapless seagull sitting a few rows in front of you.

Hope this helps in you forming your final decsion on the matter.
I take your point, but the pure MESS factor means that the cream chocolate eclair is still the weapon of choice for seasoned hurlers of sweet/confectionary items, closely followed by the apple turnover, or the more "maverick" Apricot Sour cream cake with lemon frosting.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:
I take your point, but the pure MESS factor means that the cream chocolate eclair is still the weapon of choice for seasoned hurlers of sweet/confectionary items, closely followed by the apple turnover, or the more "maverick" Apricot Sour cream cake with lemon frosting.

Ermm I think you will find that the lemon frosting is no longer the frosting of choice for hurlers. Look for the hundreds and thousands for extra zip factor.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perry Milkins said:
Ermm I think you will find that the lemon frosting is no longer the frosting of choice for hurlers. Look for the hundreds and thousands for extra zip factor.
Hundreds and thousands are all well and good for effect, but have you ever tried getting lemon frosting out of lambswool ?

I rest my case.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
See-Goals said:
Save your hatred for Taylor next season.

I'll never forget watching him on the balcony on Grand Avenue waving to the fans and reading about his resignation the next day.

:angry:

To be fair to him, he was most reluctant to do that, but was pressurised into it

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
You are working on the premise that Coppell will be wearing a lambswool jumper. Should he be adorned with a man made fibre then you may wish to adopt the hundreds and thousands tack or failing that a light drizzle of golden syrup.

On a separate but inextricably linked issue, can I offer the services of my Aunt Doris' rock cakes. She uses a special mix of flour which guarantees that the target is stunned on impact. I would add that she uses Tunisian dates instead of sultanas.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perry Milkins said:
You are working on the premise that Coppell will be wearing a lambswool jumper. Should he be adorned with a man made fibre then you may wish to adopt the hundreds and thousands tack or failing that a light drizzle of golden syrup.

On a separate but inextricably linked issue, can I offer the services of my Aunt Doris' rock cakes. She uses a special mix of flour which guarantees that the target is stunned on impact. I would add that she uses Tunisian dates instead of sultanas.
Golden syrup would obviously be preferable to hundreds and thousands, but I'm racking my brains here and honestly cannot come up with a cake that features golden syrup as one of its ingredients. It could be manually added as an afterthought I guess, but I'm not sure that the stewards would let me through the turnstile with the tin.

Aunt Doris's rock cakes sound intriguing, and I'm glad about the Tunisian dates, as sultana's bring me out in a nasty rash. But again, I don't think I'm getting the "mess facor" across here. I'm not looking to stun Coppell. I just want to make a mess of his tracksuit top - and for my money, the chocolate eclair is still tops for that.

My dad insists on the Mr Kipling Mini Vanilla Battenburg, which are good for range (he sits right at the back of the South Stand), but tend to disintegrate on impact without really leaving a mark. I'm nearer the front (row N), so can afford to go all-out with the more audacious cream cakes that really come into their own at that kind of range - get one of those babys on target, and you KNOW when you've been tango'd.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Don't mess about then...

You want Chocolate Profiteroles. External gooey sticky chocolate coupled with the internal cream mixture. Guaranateed to give the dry cleaners sleepless nights.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lush said:
Treacle.

TART.
Of course. Absolute GENIUS, Lush.

There's ususally a foil tray with them as well, which I could fashion into a VICIOUS bendy dagger. Or something.

Nice one :thumbsup:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I'm with Caveman on this.I sit in F Block behind the away duguot and I am going to give Coppout loads of stick.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stevie Coppell's illegitimate
He aint got no birth certificate....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yorkie said:
Stevie Coppell's illegitimate
He aint got no birth certificate....