Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Cooper.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
They all worked for free? Marvelous bit of business from Tony.

And how does that compare with the Mac Allister, Caicedo, Sarmiento, Sanchez, Undav wages no longer being paid out by the club taken into account?

You can't throw in wages when we were taking about transfer fee's without taking into account the wages we no longer have to expend.

Well you can, as you did, but thats only to promote a biased viewpoint to screw with the facts.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Steve Cooper spotted misbehaving after a night out at the local Wetherspoons.

Steve IN.

1000004677.png

I think a bit harsh given GP's first 2 seasons. Might do better with a settled squad and time. That is not to say I believe Coops is the man for us.
Do Brighton and settled squads go together tho. Any of our players outperform, they get sold (it's just financial gravity, they can earn a lot more going elsewhere). And we are nearing the time when stalwart lynchpins of the squad like Dunk, Veltman, Welbeck are pretty much not at their peak anymore and may fade further.

It's a huge job of work confronting the next manager and he needs to be bloody good

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This guy was always going to be one of the most likely candidates. But I'd sort of imagine it would be a done deal now if we've decided he's our boy. Unlike a lot of our other probable candidates, Cooper is not waiting for Manchester United and very unlikely would get a better job than with us.
Leicester, wouldn’t have to move the family

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
How do you define success ?
We've developed some players and sold them at a vast profit. That's not exactly failure. However, towards the end of the season, Trossard scored against us for Arsenal. Mac Allister made the winning goal for Liverpool against us, and Cucurella created a goal against us for Chelsea. We produced relegation form over the last five months of the season, and failed to score more than one goal in a match since February. We were even thrashed at Luton ! That's not how I define success.Palace not only finished above us, they appear to have a manager who knows what he's doing, and a plethora of young players destined for great things. Our next manager has got a very difficult job on his hands. Let's hope that the sides promoted from the championship are woefully out of their depth !

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
How do you define success ?
We've developed some players and sold them at a vast profit. That's not exactly failure. However, towards the end of the season, Trossard scored against us for Arsenal. Mac Allister made the winning goal for Liverpool against us, and Cucurella created a goal against us for Chelsea. We produced relegation form over the last five months of the season, and failed to score more than one goal in a match since February. We were even thrashed at Luton ! That's not how I define success.Palace not only finished above us, they appear to have a manager who knows what he's doing, and a plethora of young players destined for great things. Our next manager has got a very difficult job on his hands. Let's hope that the sides promoted from the championship are woefully out of their depth !
Some home truths ? Perhaps… but we started last season a top 6 club and competed well in Europe… asset stripped and injured 🤕 into submission, we ended badly, very badly… but we will be stronger I’m sure come the start of the season… but I’d take 15th, and be happy with it… as you say, the next coach has a huge job to oversee we need a steady pair of hands… it’s all a bit (potentially) grim.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not Fkn impressed by the news he’s apparently being interviewed for the post.

I have really, really lost my Fkn mojo
It's not news though. There is no evidence part from MMS 'My mate said'

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not Fkn impressed by the news he’s apparently being interviewed for the post.

I have really, really lost my Fkn mojo
Cooper is the type of appointment a newly promoted club might make if their manager f***ed off for better things, not one aiming for top ten/6. Unless Barber has spent the last two months trawling media outlets spouting absolute bollocks.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Cooper is the type of appointment a newly promoted club might make if their manager f***ed off for better things, not one aiming for top ten/6. Unless Barber has spent the last two months trawling media outlets spouting absolute bollocks.
There’s no chance anyone from the club can genuinely still say we’re aiming for top 6, not with a straight face anyway.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There’s no chance anyone from the club can genuinely still say we’re aiming for top 6, not with a straight face anyway.
PB was on TS with Bent & that other knob a couple of weeks before the end of the season he came across as a big RDZ fan and was vey much praising him saying he’s done a fantastic job with all the injuries and hasn’t received enough credit, hope he stays as he can push the club forward more European football etc.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's not news though. There is no evidence part from MMS 'My mate said'
True, the original Mail article in this thread was such an obvious, agent led, puff piece. 'An unnamed top ten club' Well you can rule out City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, United, Spurs & Chelsea, so that leaves West Ham after parting with Moyes, or Palace before they appointed Glasner back in February. Given that Cooper's name was linked strongly with the Palace job back then, you can guess why the club was unnamed. 'Spoken to by a struggling team three months ago before they decided to appoint someone else who gave them a strong end to the season' doesn't advertise Mr Cooper as well to prospective employers does it?

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
There's a ridiculous amount of panic and doom on this thread. We finished 11th after a horrible injury wracked season with European football. A fit squad with a few additions should put us in a good starting position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here