Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sterns

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chris still DJs and has all his vinyl's from the 70's onwards... literally thousands.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Saw Graeme Park there think it was Mansion House then about 20 of us used to go from Uckfield back in the day. If we didnt go there it was Cinderellas up @ Hickstead many a happyEE night.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Wow - some of those names take me back. Forgot all about DJs like Evil O & Top Buzz!

Plenty of vinyl darkcore1977 - not sure it was a better investment than bricks and mortar, but had a lot of fun playing them over the years - Playing With Knives, Outlander, Last Rhythm, Go etc etc.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Bet that was amazing in the early 90's, when pills were relatively new and dance music went to a different level.

The one big regret of my life is missing out on the original rave scene :facepalm:

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
Wow - some of those names take me back. Forgot all about DJs like Evil O & Top Buzz!

Plenty of vinyl darkcore1977 - not sure it was a better investment than bricks and mortar, but had a lot of fun playing them over the years - Playing With Knives, Outlander, Last Rhythm, Go etc etc.

Yeah bricks may just be the better investment but i do have afew tunes that on a site called discogs are worth 200-300 pounds , im just to scared to play them now.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
For future historians of Worthing history.

Dick Garrett & Mad MAX both appeared in the dispatched pages of the Worthing Herald in the same week. Both were 58, both alcoholics and from opposite ends of the social strata. They probably never met, but both have their unique claim to fame in the history of Worthing in the 20th century.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'll give you Sterns and raise you The Carioka (sp) in Montague Street! Many a youthful evening spent at both :dance:

The Horn of Plenty for a couple of 'liveners' too?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Did anyone ever goto Dance 92 at the Brighton Centre with Carl Cox. One of my best nights ever.

dance92_hardcoredjs_25-07-92_f.jpg

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
We used to travel to Sterns from Crawley once a month on a Saturday in the early 90's, always a great night, great music and some great memories, remember meeting and falling for a girl from Shoreham called Hayley....oh the days.....wonder what she is doing now....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'll give you Sterns and raise you The Carioka (sp) in Montague Street! Many a youthful evening spent at both :dance:

The Horn of Plenty for a couple of 'liveners' too?

sterns was a national treasure in it's day ,the cariocca never reached those heights , the tirolier in the gildebourne centre and the viking bar at the bottom of the spacker ramp were big hang outs in my day as were the wine lodge and the royal stewart.:rolleyes:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sterns was the first ever club I went to aged 15. In all my following years of clubbing I never found a better night. Dj Sy and Clarke'e' were always my faves. Whistle possee make some noisssssssssssssssssssse.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DJs and actsThe sheer range and variety of DJs and performers that have graced Sterns is testament to its place in Rave and Hardcore folklore.

Aubrey[disambiguation needed]
Bazz
Carl Cox
Cloud 9[disambiguation needed]
Colin Dale
DJ Haze
DJ Kaos
DJ Rap
DJ Sy
DJ Warren
Doc Scott
Donovan Smith
Dr S Gatchet
Druid
Easy B
Easy Groove
Ellis Dee
Evil Eddie Richards
Evil O
Fabio
Femi B
Grooverider
House Junkie
Hector C
John Digweed
Jumpin Jack Frost
Kenny Ken
Krome & Time
Lenny Dee
Loft Groover
Luke Slater
LTJ Bukem
Mickey Finn[disambiguation needed]
Moby
Mr Music
Mrs Wood
Music Maker[disambiguation needed]
Mr C (later to find fame in The Shamen)
Neil Vas
John 00 Fleming
Phantasy[disambiguation needed]
Pigbag - This is not the Band but DJ Pigbag (Warren M)
Quantum
Randall[disambiguation needed]
Rat Pack
Ratty[disambiguation needed]
Rhythm Doctor
Rok One
Rock & Vibes
Ronnie Biggs
Sasha
Slipmat
Spencer T
Swan-E
The Prodigy
The Druid
Timmi Magic
Top Buzz
Dj Twist
Waxman

Even The Prodigy played Sterns :rave::rave::rave::rave:

Bukem and MC Conrad, Fabio and Grooverider (old skool sets) are playing the Concorde in a couple of weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here