Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He’s going there to play not make up the numbers but he’s 31. He is sad to be leaving but knows how it works.

Just so long as he puts a boot right through Jay Rodriguez in his first training session I can cope.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Sorry but he not good enough at this level too slow hardly any goals always a liability on cards thanks but c ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not his greatest fan but to say he’s not good enough is bollocks. His problem is that potters style of play doesn’t suit him. If we still played CH style of play then he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sorry but he not good enough at this level too slow hardly any goals always a liability on cards thanks but c ya

In that position who is good enough in that position? But either way, League one isn’t his level. Especially if Burnley who have outperformed us every season for the last 10 years or whatever are in to sign him

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I’m not his greatest fan but to say he’s not good enough is bollocks. His problem is that potters style of play doesn’t suit him. If we still played CH style of play then he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe he would b one of the first names on hughton a team sheet , hence why he’s not here anymore either . He is not good enough what gas he done in 3 seasons ? He’s had his chances and not bought anything extra to the table . We have got to b ruthless in this league or we won’t improve

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He’s not mobile enough to play a full part for us but There’s a certain type of game where he’s effective.
For that reason, I’d prefer it if he stayed for the sake of a million quid or so.
I could certainly see him going to Burnley and playing for a good few years.
For all his limitations, Stephens will be a tough act to follow.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Yes Stephens is not up to the level we are now playing. In previous seasons (in the Prem and especially in the Championship) he was one of the first names on the sheet as he was our only proper defensive midfielder.

Him and Kayal were the best midfield pairing for those last two years in the Championhsip and the pairing of him and Propper helped keep us up in the first two years in the Prem.

So anyone celebrating need to think about what he has achieved with us and say, thanks for everything :drink::wave:

Who knows, maybe we're getting a new DF coming in? Wilmar Barrios anybody?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He's one our 'seven'. I love the was we play, but you need someone do get their hands dirty from time to time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe he would b one of the first names on hughton a team sheet , hence why he’s not here anymore either . He is not good enough what gas he done in 3 seasons ? He’s had his chances and not bought anything extra to the table . We have got to b ruthless in this league or we won’t improve

He was a key player in most of our famous PL wins, at the same time highly respected by his team mates. A PL holding midfielder.

You must despise him so much that you watched those matches and refused to look at him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He was a key player in most of our famous PL wins, at the same time highly respected by his team mates. A PL holding midfielder.

You must despise him so much that you watched those matches and refused to look at him.

Doogie is a moany keyboard warrior sadly. I’ve been stood behind him on the steps down from the WSU block H into the concourse after the final whistle and he’s straight on here with his negative comments [emoji849]

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Heard he was starting to pack his house up a week or so back and Burnley was the destination. Had gone quiet so thought nothing was coming of it. I guess we'll all wait to see if any more concrete news comes out over the next couple of days.

If true, he's been excellent for us and now seems the right sort of time for him to move on. Although, I wouldn't mind if we kept him until January just to be sure the young ones carry on there solid start, even if it did mean smaller fee in 3 months time.

Let's all be nice if this does indeed turn out to be true :albion2:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Like Duffy and Murray, right time and move for all concerned.

I can’t be a hypocrite and say we’ll miss him because I personally feel he’s been a weak link for us in the premier league but he has been a great pro and servant for the club and was excellent for us in the Championship. Will always be fondly remembered and a club legend as part of that promotion side.

Wish him all the best if this is indeed true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here