Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Stephen Shaw, coin thrower, lifetime ban

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Plumber AND fashion critic, you're obviously a man of many talents. I need to know which block of WSU you sit in, so that I can avoid a harsh critique of my match day attire. šŸ˜
When one becomes the age of myself and BN9 you do become a bit of a guru on plumbing, fashion, football songs, popular music, the government and which crackers go best with cheese.

A question some of us need answered is what happens to young peopleā€™s socks when they go mob handed to race meetings? Have a look on FB they havenā€™t a pair between them.

PS I hope the woman that got hit with the coin was ok

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Just stupid, I remember at the Goldstone when we played that lot up the road coins were raining down on us and one unlucky policeman got one in the eye. It was all 10ps and 50s so made plenty of money to cover the admission and drinks
When we played Oxford United at the Manor Ground c1976/77, both Oxford and Albion fans were in the same stand behind the goal. It was an absolute cash fest as coins were raining down from all directions. At the end of the game I decided to trawl the terracing and picked up a tidy sum of around of around Ā£6 in various denominations. Now that was a lot of dosh in those days - it paid for the entrance fee and an eveningā€™s worth of pints. :thumbsup: :drink:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A question some of us need answered is what happens to young peopleā€™s socks when they go mob handed to race meetings? Have a look on FB they havenā€™t a pair between them.
Donā€™t start me on what these young blokes wear to watch horse racing, are those grey checked tight trousers that are too short compulsory to gain access? :lolol:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Lifetime ban harsh for what was probably a pissed up incident .
"I was too drunk not to throw metal objects on women" is unlikely to make the ban any shorter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lifetime ban harsh for what was probably a pissed up incident .
Itā€™s a three year ban from any ground. The lifetime ban applies to the Amex.

Thatā€™s not harsh, itā€™s the equivalent of drink driving, a three year ban.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It's an assault, banning him from football should not be the punishment that should be just just a consequence. Should be given a brief custodial sentence. Being pissed (if he was ) is no excuse.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Donā€™t start me on what these young blokes wear to watch horse racing, are those grey checked tight trousers that are too short compulsory to gain access? :lolol:
Your post reminds me when I was in York for a celebratory long weekend. It also coincided with a meeting at York racecourse. Dozens of young blokes attired in the same clobber as you described milling around in the evening - most of them pissed up and lairy - and from Leeds! Anyway, the funny bit - there was a confrontation between the Leeds hombres and the local yoof. The opening gambit from the Leeds mob to their York opponents - ā€œYou dirty northern bastards!ā€ Oh how I larffed - the distance between Leeds and York is 26 miles! You really couldnā€™t make it up. :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here