Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephen Shaw, coin thrower, lifetime ban

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
What is it about men from Nottingham and coins?

IMG_4291.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
22 posts and only one hoping the woman was ok.

The article said she was injured, and the court ordered she receive £100 compensation, so it must have been a bit more than a bruise or a lump on her head.

I would like to think Forest has banned him for life too, stupid old duffer.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
What an idiot. Ok, you can have the shittiest day in your life and throw a paper mug or something in affect but if you throw a coin you effing know it is dangerous.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Idiot could have had her eye out, should have been proper compensation paid. The only reason one would throw a coin is surely with deliberate intent to cause someone harm. Needs to be a football banning order across all stadiums

And surely anyone stupid enough to throw a bottle top or plastic bottle with lid on would be the kind to throw a coin so ban coins or actually unban bottle tops cos there's no logic in banning bottle tops if idiots can lob a coin instead

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Idiot could have had her eye out, should have been proper compensation paid. The only reason one would throw a coin is surely with deliberate intent to cause someone harm. Needs to be a football banning order across all stadiums

And surely anyone stupid enough to throw a bottle top or plastic bottle with lid on would be the kind to throw a coin so ban coins or actually unban bottle tops cos there's no logic in banning bottle tops if idiots can lob a coin instead
I've tried that before (in the garden) and the top floats away for about ten yards before gracefully landing on an (unharmed) ant.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Football matches make some grown men ( and women ) do the strangest things.
Probably the worst of recent times I’ve seen was walking out of Wembley after our semi and a Dad was trying to fight Man City fans. His own sons walked away in disgust with most Albion fans calling him a tosser.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just stupid, I remember at the Goldstone when we played that lot up the road coins were raining down on us and one unlucky policeman got one in the eye. It was all 10ps and 50s so made plenty of money to cover the admission and drinks

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Good riddance, 60 year old man throwing coins.

I guess some people never grow up.
Seems like a very light punishment; if you assaulted someone in the street by chucking a piece of metal at their head you would expect more than a £200 fine. I was hit on the head by a 50p coin chucked by Chelsea knob and I had a lump like a duck egg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Plumber AND fashion critic, you're obviously a man of many talents. I need to know which block of WSU you sit in, so that I can avoid a harsh critique of my match day attire. 😁
I’m usually at the top of the stairs at least 2 hours before kick off checking footwear :lolol: That lot in the photo look like they are off to watch rugby.
Seriously though anyone throwing coins deserves to get the piss taken, I’m hoping he sees this thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems like a very light punishment; if you assaulted someone in the street by chucking a piece of metal at their head you would expect more than a £200 fine. I was hit on the head by a 50p coin chucked by Chelsea knob and I had a lump like a duck egg
Indeed. The punishment seems excessively lenient to me. Mr Blobby doesn't post on here anymore. One can only imagine what he would think of the sentence.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Football matches make some grown men ( and women ) do the strangest things.
Probably the worst of recent times I’ve seen was walking out of Wembley after our semi and a Dad was trying to fight Man City fans. His own sons walked away in disgust with most Albion fans calling him a tosser.
I didn’t think the match was exciting enough to get a semi TBH.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Just stupid, I remember at the Goldstone when we played that lot up the road coins were raining down on us and one unlucky policeman got one in the eye. It was all 10ps and 50s so made plenty of money to cover the admission and drinks
Boxing Day 79, it was a miracle no one received life changing that afternoon. It was, as mentioned literally raining coins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here