Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Clear off, that is just nonsense

Why else would fire fighter Barber be called in to lay off staff, engineer the removal of a manager on an expensive contract without compensation (who bemoans the squad budget limitations publicly), and to gently massage the fans via email whilst explaining that costs will go up whilst investment into the team will go down?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Embarrassing? Au contraire. Last night BHA were being praised for taking the appropriate route for dismissing a manager instead of just sacking and making a large payoff. Suggestions that we have set the precedent in the era of FFP.

They were? Aside from everyone else, I must have been distracted by the amount of your own fans feeling like the club was a laughing stock.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why else would fire fighter Barber be called in to lay off staff, engineer the removal of a manager on an expensive contract without compensation (who bemoans the squad budget limitations publicly), and to gently massage the fans via email whilst explaining that costs will go up whilst investment into the team will go down?

There's not a single true part to that sentence. Which comic did you get those facts from?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I do actually feel sorry for many of these deluded Palace fans.

When we are chugging along next season winning games here and there, they will be hiding from this message board for fear of them being reminded that beating us in the Play off's were pretty much pointless (ironically, like I think Palace will be in October).

So, please...continue to come on here hacking away on your keyboard in your caravan overlooking the most embarrassing stadium in the Premier League , gloating about how you are playing Chelsea, Arsenal or Man United and how bad we are (even though we statistically were better than you last year)...I'd make as much of it now, while you still get the chance...

Your parachute payments won't be as much as you think because you're only going to last 1 season - and in all fairness, when you've got as much debt as you have, then like Blackburn & Wolves, it's not really going to do you much good when you're fighting relegation the season after next in the worst Stadium in the top three leagues of ENglish Professional football!

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Your parachute payments won't be as much as you think because you're only going to last 1 season - and in all fairness, when you've got as much debt as you have, then like Blackburn & Wolves, it's not really going to do you much good when you're fighting relegation the season after next in the worst Stadium in the top three leagues of ENglish Professional football!
Debt, you say?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's not true. It has been said many times that we are paying what you did + his wages during his time at Brighton.

The £850k figure is about right , we have recouped what we paid for him , his signing on fee , wages and bonuses whilst he was here and a small profit built in.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I do actually feel sorry for many of these deluded Palace fans.

When we are chugging along next season winning games here and there, they will be hiding from this message board for fear of them being reminded that beating us in the Play off's were pretty much pointless (ironically, like I think Palace will be in October).

So, please...continue to come on here hacking away on your keyboard in your caravan overlooking the most embarrassing stadium in the Premier League , gloating about how you are playing Chelsea, Arsenal or Man United and how bad we are (even though we statistically were better than you last year)...I'd make as much of it now, while you still get the chance...

Your last point about the stadium shows you are nothing more than on a wind-up but i'll entertain you... Face it , unless you have an amazing once in a lifetime season like we managed last year, you're a midtable side next season at best. This whole management upheavel, the lose of some of your best players and FFP will see to that. Yes, we will more than likely come back down but we will be far richer as a result of it and there is no way we will get into debt, we have some of the most prudent owners in the top 4 divisions.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know, it's almost as if it did come out of a comic. But when your head comes out of the sand, you will realise that it's been happening.

Still, you did sell Dobbie for 850k.

This guy is great. He's the new comical ali. Stick around mate :smile:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't think anyone minds a sensible bit of banter with Palace fans on here but when they just make up stuff it all gets a bit pointless. Barber was brought in to increase turnover and to get the club running more efficiently. Costs to fans are going up by 2% above inflation which is a hell of a lot less than yours are. And cash for players is at the same level as before.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
- and in all fairness, when you've got as much debt as you have,

To be fair, they are NOT in debt.

Screwing local businesses, the taxman and various charities out of the millions they were owed, has seen to that, nicely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just the thought of Speroni in the Premiership is already making me giggle. Worst Prem keeper of all time?

We're all waiting for the back of the paper headlines : What's the Time ? Its 10 Past Speroni :lolol:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Where did he say that? Or have you just completely made it up to suit your agenda?

Here is a direct quote from Mr Barber: 'Our investment in our player budget will be in line with last season. However, Financial Fair Play (FFP) is one challenge facing us that simply won't go away. With it comes the need to drive our revenues as hard as possible and to keep our overall operating costs at a minimum in order to ensure we remain competitive on the field. I'm sure many of you may well be fed up with hearing and reading about it. I can make no apology for reinforcing this message, as it is an essential one to ensure our continued progress as a club. It is also something that Tony and the board have made an absolute priority for all of us. This season is the first with the new rules firmly in place, and our aim at all times must be to operate within the guidelines.'

When you speak of 'agendas', it is quite clear that his vague statement 'in line with last year' can be interpreted a number of ways. My interpretation is that it's certainly not going to increase, which given inevitable inflationary factors actually reflects a cut. And the 90% of the paragraph dedicated to the 'challenge' of FFP and the need to 'drive our revenues' whilst 'limiting operating costs' IMO broadly falls in line with my post. Perhaps those with a differing view have an agenda of their own?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Here is a direct quote from Mr Barber: 'Our investment in our player budget will be in line with last season. However, Financial Fair Play (FFP) is one challenge facing us that simply won't go away. With it comes the need to drive our revenues as hard as possible and to keep our overall operating costs at a minimum in order to ensure we remain competitive on the field. I'm sure many of you may well be fed up with hearing and reading about it. I can make no apology for reinforcing this message, as it is an essential one to ensure our continued progress as a club. It is also something that Tony and the board have made an absolute priority for all of us. This season is the first with the new rules firmly in place, and our aim at all times must be to operate within the guidelines.'

When you speak of 'agendas', it is quite clear that his vague statement 'in line with last year' can be interpreted a number of ways. My interpretation is that it's certainly not going to increase, which given inevitable inflationary factors actually reflects a cut. And the 90% of the paragraph dedicated to the 'challenge' of FFP and the need to 'drive our revenues' whilst 'limiting operating costs' IMO broadly falls in line with my post. Perhaps those with a differing view have an agenda of their own?

You can choose to 'interpret' things however you like. 'In line with' is a fairly simple concept to understand for most people.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Just the thought of Speroni in the Premiership is already making me giggle. Worst Prem keeper of all time?

You must be crap then if you couldn't even put 1 past him in over 180 minutes of playoff football...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Selling a carthorse for £850k will certainly help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here