Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Oh look the Zaha factor is creeping into their promotion now. The acknowledged figure for promotion of approx. £120 mill, is now £160mill.

£120 million from the Sky money and parachute payments then you have to take into account the higher gate receipts we will get next season, more sales of food and drink, higher merchandise sales, more lucrative sponsorship deals and lastly the Zaha money... £160 million sounds about right :clap:

In regards to Dobbie going for £850,000, that sounds like utter BS to me. You do realise that not everything in the press is true right? But believe it if you want, whatever makes you feel better about yourselves in this humiliating time.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No, no honestly you wont. NOTHING will ever beat spanking you in your own back yard, in a play off semi final, to reach Wembley. Not even winning the thing beats it. Seeing thousands of you streaming for the exit with 10 minutes to go (again), those happy clapper things that even made your own manager want to die of embarrassment, the players celebrating on your pitch, the shit, the immediate suspensions, the sacking of your manager live on BBC...I've got to stop, the thought of Mark McGhee in as manager is going to make me piss myself.

don't get the matches wet will you

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I imagine that's all hilarious, and obviously we'd love the shoe to be on the other foot, but you really think that means that we are NEVER going to laugh at your sorry excuse of a club again? EVER? I think you need to have a little think, petal.

You don't think we'll laugh when Chelsea put 8 (EIGHT) past you?
Or when you start spunking your windfall on Prem journeymen on long contracts?
Or when your game at home to Hull pulls in the lowest premier league attendance since records began?
Or when you beat Derby's points record?
Or when your relegation is confirmed in March?
Or when we beat you next year, despite your 'Premiership squad'?
Or on 100 other occassions in the future?

EVER is a long time.
Nope, because simply - We beat your sorry mob to earn the right to get beat 8-0 by Chelsea, we beat your sorry mob to earn the right to spunk our millions on Premiership journeymen etc.

We probably will go straight down, we usually do (It's quite difficult to stay in the elite league, you should have a go sometime, maybe?) but it's quite obvious we desperately needed this promotion to move on as a club and judging by your cuts and sudden lack of funds - You could've done with it too :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes, it is amazing that our owners, with their record of financial prudence and shrewd transfer dealings would sanction a transfer for a player whose value has seemingly increased by two and a half times the fee the selling club bought him for, despite him rotting in the reserves almost his entire time at the club. Even more astonishing that a club renowned for being mugged in the transfer market would have the gall to command such a fee.

It's almost as if a bunch of people whose world is falling in are painfully grasping at straws, desperate for a ray of light in the darkness. Let them have their moment, I say. When the nuclear fallout dust finally settles over Falmer, one fan's dying words to his comrade can be "at least we got that money for Dobbie".....

Lots if Palace biting on here. It really does hurt you that you've been mugged on this one doesn't it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope, because simply - We beat your sorry mob to earn the right to get beat 8-0 by Chelsea, we beat your sorry mob to earn the right to spunk our millions on Premiership journeymen etc.

We probably will go straight down, we usually do (It's quite difficult to stay in the elite league, you should have a go sometime, maybe?) but it's quite obvious we desperately needed this promotion to move on as a club and judging by your cuts and sudden lack of funds - You could've done with it too :)

You're not that good at this are you?

1. When Mata slots in number 8 (EIGHT) past Speroni, you really think our first thought will be "this isn't at ALL funny, because we lost a game in May"?
2.What cuts? Our playing budget is the same as last year. That's not to say promotion wouldn't have been handy, obviously.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

1. When Mata slots in number 8 (EIGHT) past Speroni, you really think our first thought will be "this isn't at ALL funny, because we lost a game in May"?
2.What cuts? Our playing budget is the same as last year. That's not to say promotion wouldn't have been handy, obviously.

Number 2 is thanks in part to palace's generosity.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just the thought of Speroni in the Premiership is already making me giggle. Worst Prem keeper of all time?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Lots if Palace biting on here. It really does hurt you that you've been mugged on this one doesn't it?
l
Well my post makes it quite clear that I don't believe the fee is true. Coincidentally, it is the exact 'transfer value' quoted on those lazy internet football transfer databases.

The second part of my post makes it clear that the furious ******* by some fans of BHAFC over this pearl of good news, should it be true is far more amusing than any embarrassment for my club. Yes, you lost in the playoffs, lost your manager, are hemorrhaging money - and the 'hurt' from the Palace fans it's that we've allegedly paid a fee for a player that might put a dent into your legal fees for one of the most embarrassing episodes in your club's history. Quelle victory!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just the thought of Speroni in the Premiership is already making me giggle. Worst Prem keeper of all time?

I'm not going to join in with any dissing of Speroni, tbh. He and Zaha are the reasons Palace beat us. He made some excellent saves.

That's not to say I'm not going to laugh at his inevitable blunders, of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not going to join in with any dissing of Speroni, tbh. He and Zaha are the reasons Palace beat us. He made some excellent saves.

That's not to say I'm not going to laugh at his inevitable blunders, of course.

He had some genuinely SHITHOUSE games this past season. I hope those return.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Football started in 1993, did it?

Quite.

For your info eagle#1, we spent 4 years there when we made it, so it is possible. I think that's actually MORE seasons at 'elite level' than your good selves, no?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Have to give home credit for helping us towards the £160 million payout
Never fitted in Brighton style of play can't just blame the player
Its a good news story all round then. Well done everyone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Quite.

For your info eagle#1, we spent 4 years there when we made it, so it is possible. I think that's actually MORE seasons at 'elite level' than your good selves, no?

Don't. They don't like it when you mention FACTS like the above, and us being the better side in head to head matches, also.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London

I don't think you quite get it. When Mata scores the 8th, we'll all trundle out of Stamford Bridge in to London for a pint, rather disappointed we'll probably look for something to cheer us up....And IT'LL BE THIS PICTURE -

247456_10152818173640573_1017262971_n.jpg

Then we'll notice you've just been beaten 2-0 by Yeovil so actually, life's pretty good.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't. They don't like it when you mention FACTS like the above, and us being the better side in head to head matches, also.

To be fair to the chap, he's probably one of Palace's many new fans, so history and that, isn't really relevant.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I imagine that's all hilarious, and obviously we'd love the shoe to be on the other foot, but you really think that means that we are NEVER going to laugh at your sorry excuse of a club again? EVER? I think you need to have a little think, petal.

You don't think we'll laugh when Chelsea put 8 (EIGHT) past you?
Or when you start spunking your windfall on Prem journeymen on long contracts?
Or when your game at home to Hull pulls in the lowest premier league attendance since records began?
Or when you beat Derby's points record?
Or when your relegation is confirmed in March?
Or when we beat you next year, despite your 'Premiership squad'?
Or on 100 other occassions in the future?

EVER is a long time.

Hans, it’s very easy to say we will lose 8-0, be down by March and get the record lowest points in Prem history but honestly mate…where are the facts to back this up? In Holloway, we have an experienced manager who has been in the Premier League once before and came within half an hour of survival. Blackpool are a far smaller club than us and only got 15,000 in the Prem, we will be looking at 10,000 on top of that at home. They also had a very strict wage budget of no more than 10k a week per player, our budget will be much bigger than this. You also have no idea what players we will we buy in the next 7 weeks so seriously, how can you be so sure of yourself? Let me remind you that we were relegation favourites last season and look what happened. You also thought you would beat us and go to Wembley on the day of 13/05/13. You also thought Watford would easily beat us in the final. Given these examples, you’d of thought by now that some of you would have realised that you write Crystal Palace off at your peril.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
l
Well my post makes it quite clear that I don't believe the fee is true. Coincidentally, it is the exact 'transfer value' quoted on those lazy internet football transfer databases.

The second part of my post makes it clear that the furious ******* by some fans of BHAFC over this pearl of good news, should it be true is far more amusing than any embarrassment for my club. Yes, you lost in the playoffs, lost your manager, are hemorrhaging money - and the 'hurt' from the Palace fans it's that we've allegedly paid a fee for a player that might put a dent into your legal fees for one of the most embarrassing episodes in your club's history. Quelle victory!

Embarrassing? Au contraire. Last night BHA were being praised for taking the appropriate route for dismissing a manager instead of just sacking and making a large payoff. Suggestions that we have set the precedent in the era of FFP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here