Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Doobie if played will either take the place of CMS or Orlandi.

Barnes plays a dual roll of attacking and defending which gives balance.

Personally I would give Doobie a go in stead of CMS.

Also I would drop Barnes for Lopez as he is not in form.

What makes you believe Lopez is any better at defending than Dobbie? You seem to be arguing with yourself.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You seem determined for there to have been some falling out with players and Gus. You put this theory forward for Crofts, then it was revealed Crofts was on leave because his wife was giving birth. I'd wager Dobbie's lack of game time is equally as innocent.

Maybe that's because I know for a FACT that Poyet is not the easiest person in the world to see eye to eye with. It's his way or no way and whilst many think this is a proven guide to success, which it is for some no doubt. It is also a proven way for disaster, if your not seen to be fair across the board. I was wrong about Crofts as you point out his wife was in labour but I can't believe that's the case with Dobbie, as he wouldn't be on the bench would he???...You explain two goals in two games, just starting to look settled and then dropped then and not even bought on for a second since the Wolves game. When Poyet himself admitted harsh words had been spoken after the game. Poyet has no choice than to drop Barnes now after yesterdays joke performance by him, it will be interesting to see if it's Dobbie or Hoskins that gets the nod.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As has been said before, that so called "2 in 2" could also be called 2 in 10.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe that's because I know for a FACT that Poyet is not the easiest person in the world to see eye to eye with. It's his way or no way and whilst many think this is a proven guide to success, which it is for some no doubt. It is also a proven way for disaster, if your not seen to be fair across the board. I was wrong about Crofts as you point out his wife was in labour but I can't believe that's the case with Dobbie, as he wouldn't be on the bench would he???...You explain two goals in two games, just starting to look settled and then dropped then and not even bought on for a second since the Wolves game. When Poyet himself admitted harsh words had been spoken after the game. Poyet has no choice than to drop Barnes now after yesterdays joke performance by him, it will be interesting to see if it's Dobbie or Hoskins that gets the nod.

Any time anyone on NSC says 'fact' I take it with a pinch of salt, assuming it is more likely opinion/supposition/guessing. Especially when capitalised. But, even if you are right about Gus and his attitude/personality, that doesn't mean players have started arguing back to him in the changing room, as you keep putting forward. If it's revealed in Monday's press conference Dobbie got a knock in training, or has been suffering from a mild virus that is enough to keep him out the starting line up but allows him on the bench "just in case", would you then suggest Lopez spoke out and that upset Gus - he hasn't been given game time since the wolves match, either.

It has been explained many times over the past week.

Bridge is injured and we're playing with Painter who needs more defensive support. Dobbie is not a defensive player, Barnes is.

As for not coming on, against Huddersfield toward the end we were on the defensive in the latter stages of the game with the third choice keeper, we needed our strongest defensive line up. Yesterday, bridcutt had taken a knock, CMS had pulled up late on, painter was showing signs of cramp so he couldn't just switch for the sake of it, and we only had a 1-0 lead.

I fully expect Dobbie to make appearances if our lead is more comfortable or when bridge is fit, and then I would expect more rotation involving barnes, dobbie, hoskins, cms, maybe even lopez.

Perhaps Gus will look at Bristol as not as big an attacking threat and think it's worth risking leaving Painter unsupported if he is as unhappy with Barnes' performance as some of our fans. (Though it might be a bit risky to not take them seriousy as bristol have 7th most goals scored in our division, so they're not 21st because of an inability to score).

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'd be absolutelty LIVID if I was Stephen Dobbie watching Golden Boy week in week out from the sidelines knowing you are a much better player, he must wonder why he bothered signing sometimes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dobbie has to start. Not only does he have form at the Championship top level but he also scored two important goals and couldn't have done any more. Barnes' misses cost us 2 point yesterday. The season is long and Ash still has a big part to play but we HAVE to be taking our chances better as this level.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Yeah let's drop orlandi the real man of the match
The suits drinking champagne chose Bruno once again maybe because he scored a great goal
But over 90 mins Orlandi was class Above ( shame he can't get that goal though from midfield ) won't be long though
Got one dog called BUCKLEY if I get another he's being called ORLANDI:bowdown:

Bang on ridiculous that Orlandi wasn't named man of the match. Was by far and away the best player on the park.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I am not unhappy that we will not be promoted this season but i do expect to see goals particularly at home, selection of any two strikers from CMS/Hoskins/Dobbie during the next four weeks would be worth a try.
I am not supporting a continual long ball approach but the exchanging of passes between the backs and goalkeeper at a walking pace is beginning to annoy,when we eventually get the ball in the oppositions half our players are closely marked,managers are aware of our system and stiffle us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant understand all this about Barnes defensive ability because if he was in the side because of that Gus would either play Dicker, Croft or Hammond as the left sided defensive midfielder.

I would think that Dobbie is regretting joining us now.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Not knocking Gus , maybe there was no place for him today but

Got 2 in 2 recently , proven at this level , looked to be peaking

Why the f*** never involved now

Are we speaking about the same person? The Stephen Debbie i know sits on our bunch wasting away but would love the other Dobbie who scored for Swansea in the play off final and got them promoted to the premises then lent out on loan to Blackpool then helped them into the prem, That's the Dobbie I want here but no chance with the ice cool Barnes in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here