Sussex
Not knocking Gus , maybe there was no place for him today but

Got 2 in 2 recently , proven at this level , looked to be peaking

Why the f*** never involved now

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I think if we had been 2 - 0 at the time Barnes came off, he would have got on. But Gus decided to go more defensive with a 4 - 5 - 1 formation instead of keep attacking them.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can understand the need for defensive cover on the left but (if it has to be one or the other) I'd have some potency in attack rather than trying to mitigate risk in defence given these teams hardly present much of a problem going forward.

Dobbie starts Tues, please!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He must be wondering how the hell Barnes gets in ahead of him every week

Why? You're not conparing like with like. If Dobbie's going to get in the team it's more likely to be in place of Orlandi or, at a push, CMS. Unless we're playing a side so poor or so small that we don't need to worry about defending.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Doobie if played will either take the place of CMS or Orlandi.

Barnes plays a dual roll of attacking and defending which gives balance.

Personally I would give Doobie a go in stead of CMS.

Also I would drop Barnes for Lopez as he is not in form.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Why? You're not conparing like with like. If Dobbie's going to get in the team it's more likely to be in place of Orlandi or, at a push, CMS. Unless we're playing a side so poor or so small that we don't need to worry about defending.

Hoskins instead of CMS & Dobbie instead of Barnes playing deeper between midfield and Hoskins.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yeah let's drop orlandi the real man of the match
The suits drinking champagne chose Bruno once again maybe because he scored a great goal
But over 90 mins Orlandi was class Above ( shame he can't get that goal though from midfield ) won't be long though
Got one dog called BUCKLEY if I get another he's being called ORLANDI:bowdown:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Am I right in saying he has not played a minute since Wolves???..Poyet did say some harsh words were said in the dressing room afterwards. That was his second goal in two games as well, hardly someone you would suddenly exclude from playing, but then who knows???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Am I right in saying he has not played a minute since Wolves???..Poyet did say some harsh words were said in the dressing room afterwards. That was his second goal in two games as well, hardly someone you would suddenly exclude from playing, but then who knows???

Correct. He had a good game at Wolves, but missed about 4-5 decent chances.

I still think the reason he has not played since is due to the absence of Bridge, and Poyet's doubts about Painter at this level, so Barnes doubles up, which Dobbie is not suited to doing.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
What he needs to do is stop f***ing around and put 2 strikers up front with Dobbie behind them and start putting teams out of bloody sight.

That was a f***ing disaster today. Bolton were absolute shite

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

You seem determined for there to have been some falling out with players and Gus. You put this theory forward for Crofts, then it was revealed Crofts was on leave because his wife was giving birth. I'd wager Dobbie's lack of game time is equally as innocent.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

WHAT?

We play 4 defenders, plus two defensive midfielders. We do not need any more defensive cover! Barnes' role is now redundant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here