Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steiner Schools

The missus is looking at a Steiner school for our kids.

I know their is one in Brighton,

Has any one got any pro's con's or any other opinions on them?

LC?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
If i had the dough and lived nearer i'd send mine to one...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between a Steiner School and your common or garden state school?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Frutos said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between a Steiner School and your common or garden state school?
Steiner School kids have affluent hippy-type parents who believe in freedom of expression and like their kids to dance around waving sticks in the air.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
They're weird schools with a fatuous new age "philosophy" which turns out weird kids. The sort who disappear off to Burma for four years to join the rebels and end up killing themselves in a squalid lonely bedist on returning to the UK because they don't fit in anywhere.

crasher said:
They're weird schools with a fatuous new age "philosophy" which turns out weird kids. The sort who disappear off to Burma for four years to join the rebels and end up killing themselves in a squalid lonely bedist on returning to the UK because they don't fit in anywhere.

That's what happened to me.

They seem to educate the child and develop thought more than just cramming facts, however, I am fearful of the hippy factor, especially in hoody ville.

Unfortunately most of our local schools are crap and I mean crap.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If there was an un-religious version of the anti-Christ within education, it would be embodied in the concept of Steiner Schools. Mona basically has it about right - uncontrollable, unkempt, rude, self-obsessed hippies all called Moonchild or Bucephalas.

Oh, and the Steiner School is in Whitehawk.

LC, if you want your kids to have a diverse and fulfilling education away from the stultifying robotic monontony of being brain-washed by the state, send your kids to a Montessori school instead. I can think of a bloody good one in Brighton. And the kids in there are absolutely charming.

www.brighton-montessori.org.uk

Tell them you go on North Stand Chat - it will open up all sorts of doors. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
as one of our friends said of the whitehawk steiner school:

"18 years old, socially inadequate, can bake a cake but can't write, that's what that school does"

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I'm sure there's one out near Forest Row, I once shagged a bird who used to go there and she was weird.

Hope that helps.:wave:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Large One said:

LC, if you want your kids to have a diverse and fulfilling education away from the stultifying robotic monontony of being brain-washed by the state, send your kids to a Montessori school instead. I can think of a bloody good one in Brighton. And the kids in there are absolutely charming.

www.brighton-montessori.org.uk

One thing I've often wanted to know is what's the difference between Steiner and Montessori schools, to a naive observer like me, they seem to offer a similar sort of experience.

I once shared a house with a Steiner teacher and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to send my kids to a school where she taught :lolol:

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
By the sound of it, its the sort of place Marina Pepper would send lottle Bodacia too. That woman is a fruit cake.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I also believe that the Steiner schools also do not offer any recognised national certificates like GCSE's...

They do "equivalents" but generally these are ignored by prospective employers etc etc

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
A bit like degrees from places that were Poly's?

I will have you know the Bolton Institute of Higher Education is wonderful centre for education.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Buck said:
A bit like degrees from places that were Poly's?
Be fair - these people can bake cakes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here