Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steiner Schools

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
The Phoenix Club is just round the corner?

Actually it was just up the road from where I lived. Still we had our own entertainment, burning cars, fights between prostitutes and pimps. The nights were pretty bad a well.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
You were never attacked by a minibus load of midgets?

Did get a few phone calls from an Officer Mixu Paatelainen

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was attacked by a drunken one legged man in Montreal, if that counts for anything in the assault stakes. I was there for a French Music festival, minding my own business stood in the street watching a band playing. This one legged bloke on crutches bumped into me, blamed me for the collision despite the fact that I wasn't moving, then tried to kick me with his stump. There was a bit of a scene, he was shouting loud drunken obscenities in French, there were people stood around looking on open mouthed...meanwhile I tried a dignified exit stage left.

Don't know what that has to do with schools, but I thought that I would share it anyway...oh yeah, it was Uncle B and an attack by a bus load of midgets that reminded me.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Timbo said:
I'm sure there's one out near Forest Row, I once shagged a bird who used to go there and she was weird.

Hope that helps.:wave:

There's certainly one at West Hoathly.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Seeing as the curriculum is so shite in most schools ie. they have NO IDEA what the second world war is, and having asked a group of 5 of my step son's friends when they were 11 where Worthing was on the map, the closest they came to it was South Yorkshire... I don't have much faith in what they teach children! And half of them pronounce 'th' as 'f' and the other half write things like 'Could of' rather than 'could have'

rant over

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How awful, don't they teach them that "th" in the middle of a word is pronounced like a "v", as in Worving.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Timbo said:
I'm sure there's one out near Forest Row, I once shagged a bird who used to go there and she was weird.

Hope that helps.:wave:

Yes there was when I lived there.

Steiner schools do not do much sports as deemed competitive

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I once shagged a bird on the way back from a game at Pompey, bloody pheasant, walked out in front of the car...no way I could avoid hitting it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Gwylan said:
One thing I've often wanted to know is what's the difference between Steiner and Montessori schools, to a naive observer like me, they seem to offer a similar sort of experience.

I once shared a house with a Steiner teacher and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to send my kids to a school where she taught :lolol:
Actually, they are miles apart.

I'll tell you when you come by the shop. The answer I will give you will be really interesting. Honest.

Ding Dong ! said:
You then become a scientologist !!!!!
Odd you should say that.

I once spent the weekend at the Steiner School near East Grinstead. Or near Forest Row, if you prefer.

They fed us a breakfast that was mostly bacon, with brown sugar sprinkled on it.

:nono:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Large One said:
Actually, they are miles apart.

I'll tell you when you come by the shop. The answer I will give you will be really interesting. Honest.

I might have missed something here (I'm only a sporadic visitor to NSC these days) but what shop is this?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would send my child, or a just a child i found, to the Wurzelstein School. On some days the tutor's head would be obsessed with right-side-up cakes and eleventy two sausages and covered in mud with a red-chopped doll angry in his midst, but on others very telling and professorial with a thousand languages of a thousand planets ready to inform the strawless children of the community everything they never will know.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
One of my old mates went to Steiner School on Ditchling Road. I saw him years later on TV as the lead singer of the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bad Ash said:
One of my old mates went to Steiner School on Ditchling Road. I saw him years later on TV as the lead singer of the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster.
Didn't know there was a Steiner School in Ditchling Road. Ho-hum. Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster performed for us at a not particualrly successful Forty Notes gig at Hove Town Hall about three years ago.

They were a pain in the arse.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
The Large One said:
Didn't know there was a Steiner School in Ditchling Road. Ho-hum. Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster performed for us at a not particualrly successful Forty Notes gig at Hove Town Hall about three years ago.

They were a pain in the arse.

did they bake cakes though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here