Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steak frites in Brighton

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Where's the hook up? I want a proper steak like what they have in France. Nothing fancy, just cooked well with proper frites.

GET AT ME.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Cook it yourself, much cheaper. I've not had any great steak in Brighton, you're much better of having it at home with some nice sauteed potatoes

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
dont know what "proper frites" means but I actually had an amazing rump (yes rump) steak in the Eagle a couple of weeks ago way better than I expected

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Frites = proer skinny chips.

You're probably right, Keaton, I should just do it myself. Nice to go out for a nice steak though innit.

Hotel du Vin want 20 schnuffs for a steak!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Vinyard in preston street. brighton seriously lacks a good steak house.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Tanners in Staplefields used to do excellant steaks but has changed hands and I am not sure what their cooking is like now. I went in there once recently, with wife and stood around like a lemon while the barmaid chatted to somebody at the bar and ignored us so we walked out.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Cook it yourself fella. Go to your local butchers and ask for some 28 day hung feather steak, possible the most flavoursome steak because of its fat marbling, cheapish too.

Attachments

• w.bmp
    289.5 KB · Views: 362

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Where's the hook up? I want a proper steak like what they have in France. Nothing fancy, just cooked well with proper frites.

GET AT ME.

Last time I had steak in France it was served raw and minced up. Served with mashed raw garlic and uncooked egg.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Peter Lugers here in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY

Best steak Ive ever eaten - plus it feels like your in an episode of the sopranos with all the Mafia in there

Angelo & Maxies just off Union Sq isnt bad either. Smith and Wollenskis is worth a shout as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here