Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statements that come back to bite you.......

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
"Peace in our time" Neville Chamberlain, 1938. :facepalm:

6a00d83451db7969e2013480a36a02970c-800wi

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Damn you Bhaexpress, I couldn't believe it hadn't been mentioned, and in teh time it took me to go and find a photo .... you beat me to it. Great minds.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
"Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope."

Margaret Thatcher, on her first day as Prime Minister, May 1979.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
"Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope."

Margaret Thatcher, on her first day as Prime Minister, May 1979.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I think Francis of Assisi said it a few years before that, and in Thatcher's defence as a nation we'd be in a far better state now if she was still running the country or at least someone of her ilk.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think Francis of Assisi said it a few years before that, and in Thatcher's defence as a nation we'd be in a far better state now if she was still running the country or at least someone of her ilk.

I can without shadow of doubt guarantee that this comment will not cause a binfest of NSC!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Damn you Bhaexpress, I couldn't believe it hadn't been mentioned, and in teh time it took me to go and find a photo .... you beat me to it. Great minds.

Sorry, just shows that we're old enough to know that one. Has to be one of this countries biggest ever reversals.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I can without shadow of doubt guarantee that this comment will not cause a binfest of NSC!

I judiciously bit my tongue and refrained from starting one!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

You've transgressed from your youthful liberal beliefs haven't you Ian?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You've transgressed from your youthful liberal beliefs haven't you Ian?

Unfortunately I'm not far off 50, like the overwhelming majority of NSC, work hard, yet see this country blighted by a sponging underclass who have no intention of working and it will only get worse.

Thatcher had a lot of faults, but she was a strong leader, and I just dont think we have that kind of leadership at the moment.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Unfortunately I'm not far off 50, like the overwhelming majority of NSC, work hard, yet see this country blighted by a sponging underclass who have no intention of working and it will only get worse.

Thatcher had a lot of faults, but she was a strong leader, and I just dont think we have that kind of leadership at the moment.

Bit of an assumption isn't that ? I'm actually not that far off sixty and yet I don't share your opinions in just about anyway. I don't profess to speak for the 'overwhelming majority of NSC' but you're rather arrogant if you think you do. I wonder what newspaper you read.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bit of an assumption isn't that ? I'm actually not that far off sixty and yet I don't share your opinions in just about anyway. I don't profess to speak for the 'overwhelming majority of NSC' but you're rather arrogant if you think you do. I wonder what newspaper you read.

Sorry BHA express I certainly do not or even wish to speak for the majority of NSC, and what I meant was that I would imagine the majority of NSC are all hard working citizens of the UK.

And I dont read a paper.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Martin Hinshlewood after we beat Burnley 3-1 in our first,match back in the championship "maybe I should retire now....". We drew our next match and then lost the next 12? 13?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here