Sparrow
Bridcutt/Kish
Dicker
Lua Lua

Murray

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
.......................... Brez .....................

Calderon ... Elphick ... Greer ... Painter

Bennett .. Sparrow .. Bridcutt .. LuaLua

................ Murray ... Sandaza ...........

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
It will be intrested what the boss does. and would u throw sandaza in when he has hardly play any football and his his only game was a behind closed doors against reading since hes come to us and is it worth the risk for gus to play him . and im only saying before someone has a go at me

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Team i'd like to see is

Brezovan; Calderon, El Abd, Greer, Painter; Bennett, Sparrow, Dicker, LuaLua; Murray, Sandaza

Team it's more likely to be is

Ankergren; Calderon, Elphick, Greer, Painter; Bennett, Sparrow, Kishishev, LuaLua; Murray, Barnes

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Think Barnes will start up front with Murray....Sandaza on the bench.
As for midfield...take your pick!!

Disagree with that, I think he'll start Sandaza

Spanish striker Fran Sandaza might have got out of the habit of taking a siesta during his time in Scotland.

But Gus Poyet reckons his new frontman could need an afternoon nap as he adapts to work on the south coast.

The former Valencia reserve, who found a niche up at Dundee United, got his first taste of action for the Seagulls in a 1-1 friendly draw behind closed doors at Reading on Tuesday.

He apparently showed signs of settling in, though it was Argentinian wideman Cristian Baz who produced the Latin fireworks with a goal from a free-kick.

Poyet seemed to suggest Sandaza had a decent chance of starting this Saturday’s game against MK Dons when he spoke after last Wednesday’s desperately flat Johnstone’s Paint Trophy exit to Leyton Orient.

But he admits it has been a testing first week for his new hitman.

The Albion manager said: “He got through 45 minutes and it was the first time he played in the system we played. He needs to learn quickly.

“He is getting there with the fitness. I think it’s a totally different pace of the game here.

“The way we train is totally different to what he has been used to.

“But he is getting there. I’m sure he is sleeping well in the afternoon and at night because it has been quite hard for him.”

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gone are the days when Albion training was all horse play and player power. Gus seems to have got hold of the club at all levels - very reassuring.

For the record, I reckon the starting XI will be:

Ankergren;
Calderon, Elphick, Greer, Painter;
Bennett, Sparrow, Kishishev, LuaLua;
Murray, Barnes

And we'll see Spandaza and Bridcuttat some point.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
:lolol: Consider my words eaten.

I didn't think there'd be a problem with fitness or adapting to the style of football considering he's had a pre-season with a scottish PREM team. It just shows how crap scottish football must be.

I was going by Gus' post orient comments about Murray and Barnes not scoring. Looks like they're both playing for their place now.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
for the umpteenth time... gus has and will almost always play his 433 system. pay attention at the back please. if you bothered to read the argus article he talks about el mariachi being trained 'our system' which is 433 with one central striker and 2 out wide pushed right on.

sandaza will start. lua lua will start. greer will start. sparrow will start. calde will score a 30 yard screamer

for the umpteenth time... gus has and will almost always play his 433 system. pay attention at the back please. if you bothered to read the argus article he talks about el mariachi being trained 'our system' which is 433 with one central striker and 2 out wide pushed right on.

sandaza will start. lua lua will start. greer will start. sparrow will start. calde will score a 30 yard screamer
And if you "bothered to read the article", you would see that it implies he is not ready to start tomorrow due to fitness and speed of game concerns.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Wow - you seem terribly confident in your opinion. That must be nice.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

You can say it as many times as you like, but it doesn't make you right :laugh::facepalm:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'd like:

Brezovan;

Calderon, Elphick, Greer, Painter;

Bennett, Dicker, Kishishev, Sparrow, Lua Lua;

Murray.

Sandaza to come on in second half for Murray if we're winning or Kish if we need a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here