-------------------Brez-------------------
--Calderon---Elphick----Greer----Painter--
-----------------Bridcutt-----------------
--Bennett-------Sparrow--------LuaLua--
------------Murray-----Barnes----------

Subs that come on -
Sandaza for Barnes
Kish for Bridcutt

Blimey, you even know who is not going to play well or who will get injured. If you can tell us the score no need to go.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we hav got to get someone to close down Dietmar Hamann really quick or he will run the game for them and everything goes though him from what i watched from the game against hartlepool last saturday.

agreed.

my suggestion was to use Kish 1 to 1 on Hamman and have Bridcutt in front of the defence to break up play but it means playing Murray alone up front

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
we hav got to get someone to close down Dietmar Hamann really quick or he will run the game for them and everything goes though him from what i watched from the game against hartlepool last saturday.

Which is why we will prob start with 3 central midfielders. Whether it is labelled, or played as, 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 is irrelevant.
This setup is much more effective and positive, now we have two genuine wingers.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
.......................... Brez .....................

Calderon ... Elphick ... Greer ... Painter

Bennett .. Sparrow .. Navarro .. LuaLua

................ Murray ... Sandaza ...........

That is one hell of a team! Come on Brez and Navarro, get back and get ready!!

That is one hell of a team, who for Navarro and Brezovan though?

for the umpteenth time... gus has and will almost always play his 433 system. pay attention at the back please. if you bothered to read the argus article he talks about el mariachi being trained 'our system' which is 433 with one central striker and 2 out wide pushed right on.

sandaza will start. lua lua will start. greer will start. sparrow will start. calde will score a 30 yard screamer
Still so sure he will start?

Fran Sandaza will only play a bit-part role on his Albion debut.

Boss Gus Poyet has revealed his new Spanish striker is not fit enough yet to play for 90 minutes against MK Dons at Withdean tomorrow.

Poyet is weighing up whether to start with the former Dundee United marksman or bring him on.

He told The Argus: “I don’t think Fran is ready for 90 minutes and he knows that. We will see how we are going to use him.

“It depends whether I think it is important for him to start or to be ready to play the last half-hour.

“It’s a decision to make but it has been quite intense for him. When you come to a new team you want to show what you are capable of, so you are giving from the first minute 100% and if the training is a little bit harder than what you have been used to it’s hard to take.

“I saw him finishing the sessions quite tired, so I am trying to make sure he is ready for Saturday.”

eh? since when did 'implies' mean 'this is what will happen'

i guess we'll see who plays and who doesn't tomorrow afternoon. point i was making was that since he arrived, gus has mainly played his 433 system yet loads of posters are talking about playing 442 tomorrow afternoon. is it nerdy to notice your own team's formation? no.
Poyet is also on record pre-season as saying he wants to be able to play 2 strikers. Not much point having 5 strikers at the club if he knows he will play 1 up front for every single game.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
for the umpteenth time... gus has and will almost always play his 433 system. pay attention at the back please. if you bothered to read the argus article he talks about el mariachi being trained 'our system' which is 433 with one central striker and 2 out wide pushed right on.

sandaza will start. lua lua will start. greer will start. sparrow will start. calde will score a 30 yard screamer

Didn't you bang on and on about formation. I'm obviously not a world expert like you, but it looked like 4-4-2 to me today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here