Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stars round the corner

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was aware that David Bowie spent his early years in Brixton, but have just realised I'm just three streets away from his childhood home.

Anyone else had stars round the corner - past or present ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I lived opposite England wicket-keeper Paul Downton for several years. The England lock forward Paul Ackford lived in the next street so it was a very sporty community. On the other hand, the comedian Arthur Smith lived close by too - I often saw him in my local.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bill Pertwee, he of ARP warden in Dads Army fame, spent WWII as an evacuee round the corner from where I grew up (many years before, obviously).

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I used to live next door to Derek Quinnell, as well as his sons (though his sons weren't playing rugby at that time) many years ago.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Jimmy Page, lived down the road and the Parker-Bowles over the road when I lived in Plumpton

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Clare Connor former Sussex + England Cricket Captain lived upstairs for a while and Eubank used to live a few roads away. Though that's now a building site.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Chris Adams lived in Bolney for about 6 months

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
As a nipper in Lower Bevendean, Eric Whittington lived 4 doors away, and of course his son Craig, whose name gets mentioned whenever 'Drug failures of Football' gets a spot in the rags..

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I lived on the same RAF base as Rory Underwood if that counts. In fact I worked in the Officers Mess where he lived, and regularly served him in the Officers Mess bar.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Steve Bell, The Guardian cartoonist, lives opposite me.

stevbell512ready.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jamie Oliver lives up the road from me.

Pukka!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here