Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars: Episode 7

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Don't forget this deal includes the Indiana Jones franchise too. I would imagine a reboot a few years down the line.

The tricky part of the new Star Wars movies is that you would assume younger actors will have to play the key and iconic characters from the original trilogy. It's hard to imagine how anyone is going to follow Ford as Han Solo. Chewbacca may not be so hard. Anyone got any casting ideas?

Ryan Gosling as Luke?

Will Smith as Lando?

That dog out of Britain's Got Talent as Chewie?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Lets face it there are more plot holes in all 6 films than there are coherant story lines. Who would let an untrained pilot attack the death star? Why doesn't the tracker beam on the death star have dual power supplies? How come Luke manages to land in yoda's front garden with a whole planet to aim for in Empire? What was the tendering process for the death star? Why wouldn't portman, the star wars equivalent in political views to Polly toynbee dump Anakin when he commits mass murder in episode 2? How come the jedi are so thick they dont notice that the emperer is actually the dark lord of the sith?

One thing i do know is that Lucas made it all up as he went along but pretended he knew the outcome all along. I am amazed they have lasted the test of time. Something like the matrix hasnt because 2 and 3 were shithouse.

That is essentially it, it was made up as he went along, but then in interviews said it was the storey he originally wanted to tell. Really? Because if he had I'm not sure there would of been a sequel. Still at least he can just be creative consultant now, now more of his script writing or directing

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We sent pilots to war with Germany after they'd had 15 hours in a plane. Luke had a lot more flying experience. And, if I remember correctly, the force was strong with that one.

Indeed its referenced that he was quite an accomplished pilot on tatooine

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Indeed its referenced that he was quite an accomplished pilot on tatooine

In fact he commented to suggest he was the only pilot who was confident of being able to hit the exhaust port.

"It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters."

So, there is dialogue to show that he is not only a decent pilot but more than capable of competing the mission.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah those shithouse speeder things. Not an x-wing. I didn't see one of those in the yard alongside the moister vaporators at Owens farm

No no no, a T-16 was a lot like the snubfighters used in the battle against the Death Star.

T16skyhopper_negvv.jpg

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
"It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters."

A two metre rat! The Tatooine division of Rentokil must have needed some pretty hefty blasters to deal with those suckers.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A two metre rat! The Tatooine division of Rentokil must have needed some pretty hefty blasters to deal with those suckers.

Well, he suggests they're bigger than 2m, but not by much. I guess it depends on whether the measure of a metre used in the Star Wars universe is the same as it is on ours.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't wait to graffiti the poster - Star Wars 7 Crystal Palace 0 :D

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's because really it's the only one that is tinged with real despair and a sense of the good side taking a right kicking. There were no major battles, it was personal, vindictive, and darkly emotional. I watched it again recently with my 6 yr old, and I was engrossed once again.

I think Lucas had gotten ESB started prior to fully realising how much would be made from merchandising of the series. Once he realised how much he could make from toys and shit, suddenly RofJ is all Ewoks, and set pieces perfect for selling stuff. Lets face it, PM was about a 9 yr old boy, and was made for a 9 yr old audience. I think I'm right in saying Han should have been killed in VI, but Lucas apparently said "dead Han toys won't sell as well..."

Anyone watch all the Clone Wars cartoon series? Me and my son love them!

My son is not a Star Wars fan :tantrum: but he does like/put up with The Clone Wars. Don't panic everyone, I have another son who I am sure will be a fan when he is older. If not I will get down the doctors to sew my tubes back together.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am loving this thread. there is nothing like a bunch of middle aged blokes tearing apart the plot holes of a kids franchise and getting all upset because they were too old to enjoy the prequels.

My advice is that if you didn't enjoy the prequels then y0u shouldn't go watch the new ones as you are even further away from your 10 year old self who loves the first lot so much

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
it'll be crap so i wont bother to watch the original triolgy were amazing but the prequels were shit

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No no no, a T-16 was a lot like the snubfighters used in the battle against the Death Star.

View attachment 35791

Whilst your geekdom of Starwars trumps mine (my wife thinks that is impossible so hats off) i'd still argue that sending Luke up against the death star was the equivalent of Gus playing a new signing from Whitehawk up front in a relegation battle on the basis Charlie Oatway saw him as a kid and thought he was 'alright'

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Whilst your geekdom of Starwars trumps mine (my wife thinks that is impossible so hats off) i'd still argue that sending Luke up against the death star was the equivalent of Gus playing a new signing from Whitehawk up front in a relegation battle on the basis Charlie Oatway saw him as a kid and thought he was 'alright'

Well given that Luke scored the goal that sunk the Death Star maybe we should get Charlie out to Whitehawk to have a look at their strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here