Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing

i will be standing all game until pestered enough to sit down, then i'll stand right back up again.

i will also be singing my heart out and trying to help the atmosphere.

do H block still stand all game these days??

no - we just moan

ijpemby

Sep 27, 2008
I say people that stand up at football matches be made to stand outside for the next match, that'll show them

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
i'll be with u there fella.

and anyone thinking about asking fans to not invade the pitch if we stay up can f*** right off....i'll get off in time so the players can do their lap of honour etc, but after the whistle im straight on there.

Are you aware that any subsequent pitch invasion can lead to a fine for the club or even a points deduction so even after winning on Saturday we could still be subsequently relegated ? We are on notice after the Man City game.
Not saying it will happen, but it is a possibility.

Some reason why standing will never come back to British football grounds.......
Boltondisaster.jpg

hillsborough_fence_body_152x203.jpg

heysel.jpg

Heysel.jpg

_41706708_heysel_238.jpg

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
You can't purely attribute those disasters to standing as you well know.

And it isn't even a matter of bringing standing back, there are many grounds at our level that still have terracing.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Are you aware that any subsequent pitch invasion can lead to a fine for the club or even a points deduction so even after winning on Saturday we could still be subsequently relegated ? We are on notice after the Man City game.

I think thats worth thinking about everyone, as unlikely as it is who knows what the fa and fl will do to keep themselves busy and in the papers over the summer

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Well that would be just wonderful wouldn't it, the players put in the hard work to stay up, only to get relegated anyway because some fans can't engage their brains and stay off the pitch!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Is this actually true? I haven't heard it mentioned before?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
The Truth is i don't know. Just my thoughts are that it could be a possibility.
I have asked Insider for an opinion.

i did worry myself about this, as the FA do have the right to do so,

but surely they wouldn't as Wolves fans, Brentford fans and peterborough fans have all done so these last weeks, and to punish Albion fans for doing the same would surely be a selective punishment?!:shrug:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
i did worry myself about this, as the FA do have the right to do so,

but surely they wouldn't as Wolves fans, Brentford fans and peterborough fans have all done so these last weeks, and to punish Albion fans for doing the same would surely be a selective punishment?!:shrug:

Indeed. Would doubt very much that it would happen. Still if we win and Carlisle lose we can afford for the FA to take 3 points off us!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Im curently placed in the front row of the family stand, ill looking to swap once i get there and stand all game, or maybe ill justs tand at the front, who knows, either way ill be singing my heart out, (alone)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Personally I think the Germans have got it right. Mix so both are happy and 1 control how many get into the 'safe-standing' areas and steward them properly and I can't see a problem. I've not heard of a problem with the new 'Safe-standing' grounds in Europe.

Attachments

• standing.jpg
    standing.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 111
  • standing1.jpg
    standing1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 113

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
My problem is the older i get the more i want to sit down ( fact of life ) I have done plenty of standing in supporting the Albion,i just ask fans who buy a seat for a game,to respect those around them,its not me me me........its us us us !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here