Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
How about all the smokers smoking their foul smelling fags and swinging them around burning the clothes of the fans nearby. And perhaps some decent filthy chants maybe with some racist, homophobic stuff. Oh, we could also throw coins at the referee and rush forward down the aisles in a really dangerous manner.Just like twenty five years ago.
Frankly I prefer the modern, safe way just watching, sitting, cheering, chanting, well-behaved and sitting!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I can see that advantages of the current brand of football for certain people - for example my grandad didn't enjoy the Man City game as much as he could because people were constantly stood up and he's got dodgy knees. I think everyone would be happy with things somewhere in between where they are now.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
i think they'll all be in the northstand.

everybody has their place.

football is about standing, jumping, singing and generally getting involved.

thse who want to sit should go to a stand where thats the norm....or to the library.
:)

well said mate..and them dopey stewards best leave us alone... how the hell you supposed to raise the roof....as the argus puts it......sitting down ???:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::rave::rave::albion1::albion1::banana::banana::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I will be in H block, standing and singing my heart out and cheering on the lads. And if that pisses off the warm towel, flask drinking namby pamby's, then so be it.

Im there to do my bit and be the twelth man, if people are going to turn up and be the same withdean whinger, then they are going to be in for a shock. Withdean is going to erupt on saturday and we are going to take those 3 points and have a f***ing great 3 months break:ascarf::yahoo::albion2:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Im there to do my bit and be the twelth man, if people are going to turn up and be the same withdean whinger, then they are going to be in for a shock. Withdean is going to erupt on saturday and we are going to take those 3 points and have a f***ing great 3 months break:ascarf::yahoo::albion2:[/QUOTE]

What makes you think I'll be any different - except sitting.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anybody standing who blocks my view will feel the consequence. I never get searched when entering the Withdean, so I shall be bringing my shot gun.

ijpemby

Sep 27, 2008
The atmosphere standing comapred to sitting down is affected very little, but safety of fans is affected hugely affected because of all seater stadium, introduce as compulsary because the death and serious injuries of many in a few very traumatic events.

Also im not being funny but most of the people who stand up up in stadium are:censored: chavs who need a wash. Nothing worse than paying 20- 30 quid for a match and it being ruined by the idiot infront of you

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
The atmosphere standing comapred to sitting down is affected very little, but safety of fans is affected hugely affected because of all seater stadium, introduce as compulsary because the death and serious injuries of many in a few very traumatic events.

Also im not being funny but most of the people who stand up up in stadium are:censored: chavs who need a wash. Nothing worse than paying 20- 30 quid for a match and it being ruined by the idiot infront of you

get a f***ing grip man.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I will be in H block, standing and singing my heart out and cheering on the lads. And if that pisses off the warm towel, flask drinking namby pamby's, then so be it.

Im there to do my bit and be the twelth man, if people are going to turn up and be the same withdean whinger, then they are going to be in for a shock. Withdean is going to erupt on saturday and we are going to take those 3 points and have a f***ing great 3 months break:ascarf::yahoo::albion2:

i'll be with u there fella.

and anyone thinking about asking fans to not invade the pitch if we stay up can f*** right off....i'll get off in time so the players can do their lap of honour etc, but after the whistle im straight on there.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Anybody standing who blocks my view will feel the consequence. I never get searched when entering the Withdean, so I shall be bringing my shot gun.

bloody hell....yes sir, ill stay seated sir, anything you say sir :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Looks like due to the sellout I will be in my allocated seat of Row D, so no standing for me alas.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Maybe the way forward is for us to hover at different heights?

You know it makes sense. :thumbsup:

errolbrownbody203x400pd9.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It is perfectly possible to sing and chant whilst sat down you know. Standing isn't a pre-requisite for a good atmosphere.

It is perfectly possible to drive three seconds behind the car in front and keep to the speed limit on road but there are drivers who feel that they are completely safe to ignore the law so long as they get there own way at the expense of others. It called being selfish.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
i think they'll all be in the northstand.

everybody has their place.

football is about standing, jumping, singing and generally getting involved.

thse who want to sit should go to a stand where thats the norm....or to the library.
:)

So what about the person sitting behind you who's view your blocking ?

You buy a ticket for Withdean fully knowing that it is a`all seater ground. these are the terms as to which you buy it with full knowledge.
I buy my tickets with the same knowledge knowing i can watch the game in comfort with my young son sitting down to watch the football.
But low behold you feel its your right to go against this and sod what anyone else wants as you are going to stand up and f*** everyone else. ? how does that work ?

I fully agree that there should be be a standing and seating area to accommodate everyone, but at Withdean (unlike Bristol Rovers & others) there isn't. so it can't accommodate those who want to stand, So if you not happy with it don't go,

To go to Withdean and stand in front of those sitting down is just pure selfishness.

If a group want to all move to the back of the stand and take a chance the steward don't chuck you out , fine go for it, at least it will show consideration for others, and give the stewards further up hill walking which will at least then are less likely to do so and subsequent leave you alone as your not inconveniencing others.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here