Stand or Fall - the north stand banner - please vote

Please vote for your favourite banner

• STAND OR FALL

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (with seagull)

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea)

Votes: 93 15.4%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea - with seagulls)

Votes: 378 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
In my opinion a banner is supposed to be read by it's audience (in this case the fans inside the amex) so a 1.8m high banner will only be read by 50% of the target audience.
I don't know the limitations of the area but if it's possible the height should be at least 3m to have any affect in a large stadium and "sussex by the sea" would only be seen by about 10%. I voted for no.1

Are you a moleman? This will be bigger than most of the advertising boards around the ground, will it not? I cannot imagine those being more than 1m tall, and I can read them all from my seat very clearly.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've had to morph the original banner to make it fill the gap.

If you did want to fill the gap, you can either add more words or use a wider typeface. Whatever, the ratio of the banner is dictated by the size of the gap available.

SOF.jpg

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
But if, on the other hand, fans really want to sing SBTS pre-match, the club could help greatly by lowering the key of the current playout version. Most would-be singers have give up by the third line, because of the impossibility of hitting the first high note.

A pity, because it would be very easy for the Amex media tech team to modify the key electronically, to make SBTS manageable for all of us. But who to contact to make that happen?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
So............i tried to make it in to a desktop wallpaper but all i can come up with is this:

sbts.jpg

Tried to get the strips to go all the way down to the bottom. Perhaps its time to admit this is not my calling in life. Obviously if someone can.....do

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
They all look fantastic to me but number 4 just shades it. Will be more than happy to throw a few quid in, great work.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can't see them all but I somehow think it would look a lot less tacky, and the writing a lot clearer, if it was just white writing on blue with no stripes. Maybe I'm alone in this though. Also don't see the appeal of the knackered looking writing :shrug:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Have voted for number 4, top work :clap2:

Can't we have a special one for the Ipswich match?
"Money can't buy you everything, but it did enable us to get a decent banner and Kuszczak!" :laugh:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
There is the small consideration of the camera tower and scoreboard that get in the way...

not forgetting the Police control box at the west end

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Whatever design is chosen, please make it as big as you can, filling all available space. Or once it's done, I guarantee we'll wish it was a bit bigger.

It will add a lot to that end of the ground.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Good effort. Even so, with 1, 2 and 3, the text is not correctly centred in relation to the stripes. Also, I agree with the point on 4 that the seagulls should be facing the text.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So............i tried to make it in to a desktop wallpaper but all i can come up with is this:

Tried to get the strips to go all the way down to the bottom. Perhaps its time to admit this is not my calling in life. Obviously if someone can.....do

Try this

SoF.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here