Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Staff bull terriers, time to ban them being pets

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Another attack on a child from the "family pet"

Time to ban these dogs as pets now surely.

No coincidence the rise in attacks has conicided that this breed seems to be a fashion statement from today's underclass

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd prefer it if we could just ban bad parents and twats

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Another attack on a child from the "family pet"

Time to ban these dogs as pets now surely.

No coincidence the rise in attacks has conicided that this breed seems to be a fashion statement from today's underclass

The dog concerned was a Pit Bull, a rather different dog. Don't blame the breed blame the moron who bred it. Staffs are actually a lot safer than many breeds but any dog, if not properly contoller or, as so ofetn happens, has an irresposnible owner, can be a dangerous proposition.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wasn't a staffy though, was it? Seems that the family bred dogs [in Liverpool] of a not quite yet defined breed...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
There are loads of them around where I live, and quite woryingly, I have never seen them walked by an adult (i.e. over 18). They all seem to be an accessory form teenage boys.

It does worry me - I'm not against dogs as pets, but surely they should be looked after by responsible adults.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dogs can be protective of territory and protective of young etc. They could be living in an environment with decent people but still attack. They are dangerous around kids. Is it worth the risk ?

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
It really isnt' the dogs fault, it was doing what it was bred for. Ban the f***ing parents for being so damn idiotic as to leaving their child with such a ferocious animal. I can never feel sorry for the parents in cases like this. It happens too often and highlights the idiocy of some people. They just don't think about it. Dangerous dog + young child = potential death.
I hope they bloody get locked up, no child should die under such circumstances...

...sorry this is something I feel very strongly about...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Dogs can be protective of territory and protective of young etc. They could be living in an environment with decent people but still attack. They are dangerous around kids. Is it worth the risk ?

You could say the same about chavs though?

Oct 25, 2003
i thought it was an american pitbull or something? i don't know much about dogs and have never had one, but i was under the impression that staff bull's are absolutely fine

anyway, leaving a kid with ANY animal that has the ability to kill is f***ing stupid, it's such a shame that a child has died because of idiocy

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Staff has replaced the Rottweiller as the Chav Dog of Choice. It's a crying shame that these dumb pricks have these dogs when it is actually a very good natured breed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I know loads of Staffs and believe me I have yet to meet one that wasn't owned by a chav that was anything but a really friendly and sociable animal. It's owner NOT THE DOG.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I've heard radio reports of them being trained to be used as weapons by thugs.
The law is a bit hazy about who to prosecute if a dog rather than it's owner attacks someone.

Not quite as scary as this though....

pet-hyena.jpg

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
it sounds like they were breeding dogs with some banned breed in them. this is very common but they will be destroyed if discovered.

real staffs are nothing like pit bulls, american bulldogs or other bull breeds. that said though for all the 'oh jack russells attack kids' or 'dont leave kids alone with ANY DOG' statements, staffs are more dangerous than your average dog.

they are animals and can turn. i would not have anything like that around a kid of under 10 full stop. kids are daft too, but they are more important than dogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here