Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium noise

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
There seems to be something wrong with the stadium acoustics as heard from many Blackpool fans yesterday that they could not hear the North Stand sing during the game.
I was in the North stand and thought we were pretty loud.
From the North stand when you could see that the whole away end was singing you could not make out what they were saying so no banter and shame as it would add to the atmosphere.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I was in the east block g for the first time, right by the away fans. You can hear the north stand from there, so not sure why this comes up.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
There seems to be something wrong with the stadium acoustics as heard from many Blackpool fans yesterday that they could not hear the North Stand sing during the game.
I was in the North stand and thought we were pretty loud.
From the North stand when you could see that the whole away end was singing you could not make out what they were saying so no banter and shame as it would add to the atmosphere.

It is strange. From the WSU i found it hard to hear the north, i can see you all bouncing around but the noise does not travel. Same with the Blackpool fans.

Would be interested to know how it sounds in WSL.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Were the Blackpool fans singing? I couldn't hear them at all from the North Stand, so perhaps vice-versa?

Oct 25, 2003
is it common to be able to hear the stand at the other end of the ground? in my experience no, but naturally i am yet to visit EVERY ground

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
It is strange. From the WSU i found it hard to hear the north, i can see you all bouncing around but the noise does not travel. Same with the Blackpool fans.

Would be interested to know how it sounds in WSL.

I've sat WSU, WSL, and East. you can hear all the stands. In the North Tuesday so looking forward to that

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Were the Blackpool fans singing? I couldn't hear them at all from the North Stand, so perhaps vice-versa?

they were impressive it has to be said. We share a lot of the same songs so you might not of known it was them

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
they were impressive it has to be said. We share a lot of the same songs so you might not of known it was them

I think that probably answers the question then. I genuinely couldn't hear them over the noise around me in the North Stand, and I suspect they couldn't hear us for the same reason then. Case solved.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Blackpool were pretty quiet until they equalised. The north seemed quieter and didn't seem to sing as much as in recent games to me. Was is WSL yesterday

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Surely if you want banter with the away fans you should have sat in the West or East

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I am next to the away supporters in the South West corner and I can hear every part of the ground. Blackpool could hear the North ok, I know this as they responded to a couple of the songs. The West sounds the loudest, but when you take into consideration the size of the West, that's how it should be.

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
I'm WSU Block B near away fans, can hear them quite a bit and when the north is really going can hear them.our noise seems to pass down the WSU , so we are always last singing apart from when we start it. sometimes can see the north singing but cant tell what is being sung.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
I was in the South East corner in the disabled section next to the Blackpool fans so I would have heard pretty much exactly the same as their lugholes.
Trust me the place was loud, very loud. When the North/West song started up it was immense and then the east got going as well later on. Obviously being next to the Blackpool fans I could hear them as well - not that they made much noise till their first goal - the rest of the ground sounded superb when it got rocking. We could have done with upping it though at 2-1.

D

Deleted member 18477

One of my mates sat in 1901. He said the only noise they made was for the goal. Apart from that they don't sing or anything! I have 2 twats in front of me who listen to the commentary via headphone, don't sing and barely cheer a goal. Think they thought they were at the snooker! And the worse bit is they are season ticket holders so will be there every bloody game. Great fans!...

Blackpool simply didn't sing at all until their goal which would explain why fans couldn't hear them. Our fans were very loud all game and you can hear the north stand from any part of the ground due to the trajectory. I cannot understand why people in the WSU can't hear us as I sat up at the very back row of the three tier monster against Gillingham and listened to about 30 fans in the north. Strange. Nobody can criticise the atmosphere. We were loud and intimidating towards the Blackpool faithful as highlighted by Holloway.

D

Deleted member 18477

Blackpool simply didn't sing at all until their goal which would explain why fans couldn't hear them. Our fans were very loud all game and you can hear the north stand from any part of the ground due to the trajectory. I cannot understand why people in the WSU can't hear us as I sat up at the very back row of the three tier monster against Gillingham and listened to about 30 fans in the north. Strange. Nobody can criticise the atmosphere. We were loud and intimidating towards the Blackpool faithful as highlighted by Holloway.
They CAN hear you. They are talking shit or they are simply deaf. I sit bang in the middle near the back of WSU and I can hear all noise. Even the east yesterday! North were excellent yesterday. Blackpool didn't sing until there goal. I can't hear west lower but im guessing that's because when they sing we sing and therefore I just assume it's west upper singing. Keep it up everyone. Let's make it even more intimidating just as Holloway said it was yesterday!

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here