Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium noise

D

Deleted member 18477

First or second? There was plenty of noise in the 1901! At least in the middle of it.

Both. Should have put goals! sorry. Dunno what he's on about then! Im glad your making noise keep it up!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was in the West Lower, very close to the away fans.

They were singing the whole way through the match (apart from 5 minutes-ish after both our goals). They were loud enough, but certainly got a lot louder following their goals. I could hear the north stand clearly too. I was pretty impressed with the acoustics.

Having said that, I couldn't hear the East from where I was. I assumed it was because they weren't singing, but from what others have said here, that seems to be untrue.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
One of my mates sat in 1901. He said the only noise they made was for the goal. Apart from that they don't sing or anything!

sorry but your mate is wrong and credit where credit is due. The Blackpool fans were loud until we scored, then picked up again once they pulled one back. They had a version of "Brighton aces", a version of the NSK song, sea,sea sea-siders, lots of songs about Tangerines and Holloway's tangerine army. And finished with 2-0 and you...... you know the rest.

D

Deleted member 18477

sorry but your mate is wrong and credit where credit is due. The Blackpool fans were loud until we scored, then picked up again once they pulled one back. They had a version of "Brighton aces", a version of the NSK song, sea,sea sea-siders, lots of songs about Tangerines and Holloway's tangerine army. And finished with 2-0 and you...... you know the rest.

Good I'm glad he's wrong. Blackpool might have sung a few songs before our first goal but I couldn't hear them over the north stand. So credit where credits due - well done north stand!

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Trust me WSL are singing, maybe not as loud as the upper but 60-70% of them are singing, North is very loud as is West and East not bad on Saturday, the away end is difficult to make out though don't know if this is acoustics or just not enough of them!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
S'funny but I sit in WSL near the away end and I did not think there was as much noise as the first 2 games . I thought the Blackpool fans were the noisiest away supporters so far. Thought we let the side down when we went 2- 1 down. We went quiet by Amex standards and Blackpool support turned their volume up. .
Having said all that there may be something funny with the acoustics in our area as we cannot understand what is being said over the PA. Sounds distorted or muffled.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
At all the old grounds you can hear the other end if it's loud, ie away fans v the kop at Anfield, away fans and the Paxton at WHL. Might be because the stands are set a bit further back from the pitch at the Amex.

I was over towards the away end in the 1901 club and could hear every part of the ground individually when they were singing, north stand included. The Blackpool fans weren't all that loud though. Sung lots but not really any great noise coming from them until their goals. Probably why. Wait till he away end is full with a properly good away following, the north stand will definitely hear it then.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Me and my dad are both in 1901 and sing throughout, there's alot of corproate tickets around us with different people every week.

We sit right in the centre and can here all parts of the ground and it sounds amazing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I couldn't hear them in the north either until they scored there goals.

Am i imagining it or did the Blackpool fans run towards the WSL to goad them when they scored there 2nd?

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Great to hear Blackpool fans and their manager talking about the noise and the intimidating atmosphere..... Fortress Amex!!

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I was at Pompey and thought the Albion end was immense all the way through the game. Also, could only hear the Pompey Fratton end singing from time to time usually when the drum started up. My mate is a Pompey supporter and was in the Fratton end. He said exactly what I just said in reverse. Said that the Albion were only really loud after the goal and virtually silent most of the time. ( Interesting that both sets of fans were singing ' Shall we sing a song for you ' ! ) We then chatted with a Pompey fan who was in one stand at the half way line. He said that both sets of fans were loud, about equally depending on what was happening.

So I concluded that when you are in a stand it obviously sounds loud and that distance and the close noise drowns out the opposition end.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
So I concluded that when you are in a stand it obviously sounds loud and that distance and the close noise drowns out the opposition end.

Welcome NSC's newest member - Stephen Hawkins. Now tell us, oh wise one, why does tea go cold after a while? And, is it true that if you fly close to the sun then the glue on your wings will melt?

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
I couldn't hear them in the north either until they scored there goals.

Am i imagining it or did the Blackpool fans run towards the WSL to goad them when they scored there 2nd?

No they did about 20 of thm giving v signs and effing this and that!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It's worth adding the quote from a Blackpool fan in one of the other threads here:
"Fantastic Stadium with room for expansion I believe. Amazing what you can do when you have a passionate Chairman, wish ours would take note! Great noise by you lot too, better than any in the Prem last year and I went to every game."
:amex: :amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here