Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Name............

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Not at all, and given the choice, had you still been at the Gallstone, you would have wanted redevelopment over a brand new Falmer.

I want us to stay at Selhurst at all costs, rather than a new ground.
This seems to back me up. SELHURST or NEW STADUIM - CPFC BBS

It took me a while to figure out that

Build a new stadium on the site of the NSC once they have finished using it as a training camp for the Olympics.

Meant National Center and not North Stand Chat :lolol::lolol:

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Does it have to be geographically correct? Why can't we just call it The New Goldstone? :tantrum:

Or The Goldstone Community Stadium if it absolutely has to contain the word Community...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Does it have to be geographically correct? Why can't we just call it The New Goldstone? :tantrum:

Or The Goldstone Community Stadium if it absolutely has to contain the word Community...

The Goldstone is behind us-time to leave it in the past. It's been said many times-it wasn't exactly the luckiest of places for us.

New ground, new name please.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
You should choose some name that subconsciously encourages people to go there, eg The Good Game Stadium. Then people can say "are you going to the Good Game on Saturday", "I went to the Good Game today" and everything will seem so much more positive, even if you're playing shite. Also, you could get Bruce Forsythe to do the official opening.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
As Falookaville seems not to have caught on,I'd go with the Withdeanwombat Awena.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't like the idea of any reference to the Goldstone, for the same reason I don't want to revert to the old club crest - the past is the past. We need to focus on the future.

I like the 'San Queero' as a unofficial name too.

Oh and yes, I think we should ditch the current club badge when we leave Withdean.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
I agree with just calling it Falmer.

That is its name.

It has been for ten years.

When you think back at the chant we used to sing.

I wont be. We want the Brighton and Hove Albion community stadium.

It always has been and will live long in the memory as "We want FALMER"

Therfore it must be called Falmer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Falmer is just where we've plonked it though, its not really a proper name for a football stadium.
Arsenals isn't called "Ashburton Grove". Readings isn't called "Junction 11 of the M4".

Nope, for me the stadium needs a name. Be it a corporate one then so be it, but to me, 'Falmer' is just a grotty piss-ridden village full of cackbadgers who we had to fight to get the thing.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Falmer is just where we've plonked it though, its not really a proper name for a football stadium.
Arsenals isn't called "Ashburton Grove". Readings isn't called "Junction 11 of the M4".

Nope, for me the stadium needs a name. Be it a corporate one then so be it, but to me, 'Falmer' is just a grotty piss-ridden village full of cackbadgers who we had to fight to get the thing.

I see what your saying. I wont quote all the stadiums in the country that are named either after the street they are "plonked on" or the area they were "plonked in"

For me I dont want the ground to have some soulless sponsor sucking the esense out of it. The ground already has a history as Falmer and a soul of its on.

What ever its called needs to be considered very carefully and be relevent to the club and ground. I dont want to see us take a sponser because they offered the most money.

Maybe we should call it Donatello's he could do the catering in the stands too. lol:lol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'll always think of it as "Flamer"

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Someone coined the name "The San Queero" on here a while back.

I REALLY like that. :lolol:

:clap:

I did like the Benderbéu too, to be fair. :lolol:

Maybe we should put it to a vote? Be rude not to I'd have thought. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here