Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Name............

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The company that supplies telephone services is called British Telecommunications plc, but we all call it BT. Same with the stadium. If its proper name is, say, "The Royal Automobile Club Community Stadium" then we'll just call it The RAC. No one will include the word "Community" in normal conversation. It's nailed on that the word 'Falmer' won't be included in the official title though; it's given the club enough PR issues over the years.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
How about Selhurst Park ? Well by August next year there won't be another one will there?

Palace going down, they're going down, they're going down ,they're going
Palace going down, they're going down, they're going down ,they're going

TNBA

TTF

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'm pretty sure it has already been confirmed that the official name is going to be 'the *sponsor's name* Community Stadium', unless something has dramatically changed in the last year and a half. What we don't know is the sponsor, or indeed if there will be a sponsor now that Bloom has stumped up the funding.

Can you have a really GAY name please?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Someone coined the name "The San Queero" on here a while back.

I REALLY like that. :lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Whatever it is it must sound good when we are playing in the Champions League ...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I like it and its testament to all the work the Albion actually do for the Community, I think it was probably put in to make it sound more appealing to the non football folk during the campaigns

and to be honest the only awards the Albion have is to do with the community rightly so to

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bolton have the Reebok
Coventry have the Ricoh
Brighton have the Retard
Crystal Palace have the Reclaimed..............................by the bailiff's

see above

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the same, but am I right in thinking the stadium was granted permission on the back of it being a "community" project, which would probably mean Community would have to be part of the stadium name??

Wouldn't have thought so. It will have numerous facilities for the community, but that doesn't mean the WORD 'community' has to be built into the name as well, like some kind of mandatory requirement surely.

It'll NEVER catch on anyway. If it was sponsored by (say) Legal & General, then nobodies going to say "I'm off to the Legal and General Community Stadium" are they. It'd just be known as 'The L&G' or "The L&G Stadium'.

I'd like to think I'd avoid calling it 'Falmer' as well. Shit name with too many bad memories and negative connotations.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not at all, and given the choice, had you still been at the Gallstone, you would have wanted redevelopment over a brand new Falmer.

I want us to stay at Selhurst at all costs, rather than a new ground.
This seems to back me up. SELHURST or NEW STADUIM - CPFC BBS

It's all a bit defence mechanism saying you'd prefer to stay where you are when your club doesn't have a pot to piss in with no realistic hope of a new ground. We had people saying the same thing 12 to 15 years ago. Try the same survey when you have some sensible financial backer in place offering a realistic chance of a new ground-I expect the opinions will be somewhat different.

That thread you linked to-Identikit Stadium? Now that is funny and shows many on there are trying too hard to ignore the fact that a big change in fortunes is under way. We'll have a stadium with facilities that will be second to none-other than Wembley. Facilities! Not size but facilities. Let them/you call it identikit if it makes them/you feel better-we'll be enjoying our fully paid for new home in less than 18 months.

We were allegedly looking for somewhere to build a new ground as far back as the 70s but it wasn't a serious look, nothing happened and we eventually ended up in financial shit which led to us spending 10 years, so far, at Withdean with 2 years at Gillingham just to rub it in. Pretty much where you're heading. Staying at Selhurst (especially if you don't own it) will not be good long term. A club deep in debt, without their own stadium is not an attractive proposition so expect the wilderness years.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Colchester's ground is officialy known as the "Weston Homes Community Stadium" maybe something similar applied there?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
You all call it Falmer already, it will be ingrained. To be honest, you should embrace it as a triumph over all the negativity that surrounded it. Even I will probably always know it as Falmer after being on this board. And to be honest, its not a bad name, it it?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
It's all a bit defence mechanism saying you'd prefer to stay where you are when your club doesn't have a pot to piss in with no realistic hope of a new ground. We had people saying the same thing 12 to 15 years ago. Try the same survey when you have some sensible financial backer in place offering a realistic chance of a new ground-I expect the opinions will be somewhat different.

That thread you linked to-Identikit Stadium? Now that is funny and shows many on there are trying too hard to ignore the fact that a big change in fortunes is under way. We'll have a stadium with facilities that will be second to none-other than Wembley. Facilities! Not size but facilities. Let them/you call it identikit if it makes them/you feel better-we'll be enjoying our fully paid for new home in less than 18 months.

We were allegedly looking for somewhere to build a new ground as far back as the 70s but it wasn't a serious look, nothing happened and we eventually ended up in financial shit which led to us spending 10 years, so far, at Withdean with 2 years at Gillingham just to rub it in. Pretty much where you're heading. Staying at Selhurst (especially if you don't own it) will not be good long term. A club deep in debt, without their own stadium is not an attractive proposition so expect the wilderness years.

That's not a bad point Bwian

I have only ever seen plans and pictures of the stadium, and I will admit, it does look nice. Is there anywhere I can see a bit deeper and see these facilities you speak of?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That's not a bad point Bwian

I have only ever seen plans and pictures of the stadium, and I will admit, it does look nice. Is there anywhere I can see a bit deeper and see these facilities you speak of?

There are some pictures on the STH's mid season DVD-did your copy not arrive?

To quote Ask The Falmer Project Team: "We have a programme for releasing images in line with our marketing strategy. Some unreleased internal pictures will be on the season ticket holders DVD which is about to be sent out".

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You all call it Falmer already, it will be ingrained. To be honest, you should embrace it as a triumph over all the negativity that surrounded it. Even I will probably always know it as Falmer after being on this board. And to be honest, its not a bad name, it it?

Help. I'm finding myself agreeing with the Scum supporter! :eek: :down:

:falmer:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Yeah exactly , we are different to all clubs in respect to how long this has taken.

The stadium already has a name , an name which is 10 years old . . . Falmer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here