Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium MK

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Naff stadium in a naff place. the only saving grace were the seats and I booted one of them pretty hard when their keeper saved from Wood. All in all a naff day out and took bloody ages to get home by train.

Stony Bloke

Feb 28, 2011
I cannot understand all the beefing about it as I think that it is a stadium that is easily accessible, easy to enter and leave with little or no hold ups and the seats have plenty of legroom and are comfortable. The view from where I sat was very good. Should they ever get to rise up the divisions, which is ulikely, they can always add more seats up top but at the moment it is more than adequate for their needs.

Well said. A rational voice at last.

Stony Bloke

Feb 28, 2011
Been the last 3 years, and hated it every time. I can assure you yesterday was my last visit in a very, very long time! I can say with quite ease that is my least favourite ground i have visited.

You've obviously not travelled much then:lol:

Stony Bloke

Feb 28, 2011
As new stadiums go, and I've been to a lot, I would say it has the potential to be one of the better ones. Lots of work to do outside and it needs to be filled but if that ever happens it will be a good stadium.

I know we have had a shit stadium for ages but there is a danger now that's about to change that we turn into stadium snobs. That said, ours will be a lot better than that MK thing:lol:

I gather that you have the same Architects designing yours as ours (and Arsenal's and Wembley)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It's my least favourite away day, but had nothing else to do saturday and the train was a steal at £6. Un-finished, cold, soul-less and with one of the least knowledgable fan bases i've ever met. I couldn't sit there every week, Withdean's bad, but there's just something about the place that makes me feel i wouldn't be able to put up with it every week. That's their future, 4/5k fans rattling around in a half empty stadium that'll never be finished, will never have an atmosphere (apart from 50 kids banging there seats for 5 minutes before full time), and will never ever be full. Says it all that the record attendance i believe is for an England U21 game.

As for the digs at our ground/attendances, i presume 90% of that board know nothing about why we're even at Withdean, and i bet a few are even unaware of Falmer.
The fact that the attendance given for saturday being 9500 or whatever it was is LAUGHABLE. If anything, its common sense to give lower attendances as many clubs do to avoid tax. There were no more than 4k home fans on Saturday.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I gather that you have the same Architects designing yours as ours (and Arsenal's and Wembley)

Nope. Completely different architect. Same construction company, but double the budget for a smaller stadium.

Wembley was designed by Sir Norman Foster and HOK Sports, Stadium MK was designed by HOK Sports, and Falmer was designed by KSS.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
And I bet our stadium is finished before theirs.

:falmer::amex:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Averaged over 15 away games each year for the last 4 seasons, Carlisle the last 2 seasons, Hartlepool, Scunthorpe, Oldham, Tranmere, Swansea for the 12:00 K.O. Yeah i never travel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here