Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium MK

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I hope people realise our stadiums not going to be finished. The second tier above the East Stand will make ours unfinished like theres! For what its worth I actually like the stadium and think it will be one of the better ones in the country when its finished.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Been the last 3 years, and hated it every time. I can assure you yesterday was my last visit in a very, very long time! I can say with quite ease that is my least favourite ground i have visited.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Did not like the ground really. It ticked the box's but it just wasn't all that . Much like the place. Non descript !

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
Never been to a ground like that before. It was my first visit - am glad I've now seen it in person but my, my! When I first saw it I thought my dad was taking the piss when we pulled up - the McDonalds outlet looked more impressive. Will not be going back!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As new stadiums go, and I've been to a lot, I would say it has the potential to be one of the better ones. Lots of work to do outside and it needs to be filled but if that ever happens it will be a good stadium.

I know we have had a shit stadium for ages but there is a danger now that's about to change that we turn into stadium snobs. That said, ours will be a lot better than that MK thing:lol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The best thing about stadium:mk (other than the seats which were pretty fine) was the music they played when they scored.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
One thing the Amex should have followed is the disabled seating. Our new ground is rubbish by comparison and really, as other threads have reported, the Albion ought to be ashamed of it compared to MK Dons who are the blueprint along with Wembley.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One thing the Amex should have followed is the disabled seating. Our new ground is rubbish by comparison and really, as other threads have reported, the Albion ought to be ashamed of it compared to MK Dons who are the blueprint along with Wembley.

Excellent point. They appear to have a raised row of disabled seating all round the ground, which pisses all over the AMEX

Absolutely surreal place. Felt like I was going to some Americanised charity fun day, not a football match. Just no passion from them at all. I couldn't find the away entrance outside so asked some MK "fans" and they didn't have a clue because they were Arsenal supporters going to their FIRST game there.

Mingling with the Saturday shoppers outside getting their grocery afterwards just made it feel even weirder.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3986851 said:
Mingling with the Saturday shoppers outside getting their grocery afterwards just made it feel even weirder.

To be fair, Asda was handy for some beers for the train home.
But as has been said, every time i've been it reminds me of being an American family fun day to introduce people to the sport of "soccer". As for a crowd of 8000 or whatever it was, my arse, there were no more than 3.5k home fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Stood at the very back yesterday behind the goal and it was freezing , the wind was blowing straight in not only from directly behind us but from above where it hasn't been filled in. Made the mistake last May of paying a fiver to park in the stadium car park but this time left the car in Asda's car park , after the game we had a KFC and still managed to get away 20 minutes earlier than our last visit. When they announced the attendance figure (9,327) I wondered if they were including all their STH's who didn't show up for the game on the basis of our away support.

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
It was cold and some very poor stewarding about which way you could get out but what do you expect when nearly as many stewards as home fans.

I didn't go yesterday but last year the stewards were very poor.
They didn't let me and a friend in with a bag so we had to give it to them and when we went to collect it we found out they lost it!

I have loads of weird f***ed up dreams like I'm in a huge empty stadium that's burning down while I give birth to alien so with the swirling wind, huge gaping gaps, black seats and cloud pattern/on-off sunshine yesterday, I had to rub my eyes and make sure I was awake a couple of times yesterday. Felt like a stadium on top of a towering mountain underneath the swirling gateway to a dimensional vortex.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
As new stadiums go, and I've been to a lot, I would say it has the potential to be one of the better ones. Lots of work to do outside and it needs to be filled but if that ever happens it will be a good stadium.

I know we have had a shit stadium for ages but there is a danger now that's about to change that we turn into stadium snobs. That said, ours will be a lot better than that MK thing:lol:

You will never turn into a snob, prawnie. ( or is that a half time snackerooney).:lol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
A franchise football club situated in the middle of an enormous franchise retail park in a franchise town.

Page 47 of the programme is entitled, without a hint of irony

WE'VE GOT SOME HISTORY

and goes on to describe a previous match they played on 25th February (presumably the only only one)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here