Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium facilities

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Filled in corners please. All the pictures I've seen seem to show individual stands.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is a brilliant opportunity to show how a large sports stadium can be built in keeping and sympathetic with its environment, please, please, please don't miss the chance to set a good example...particularly to our detractors.

nah bollocks to all that.

I just want somewhere I can go along to watch a game of football, have a pint and a pie and come home.

I am not interested in the slightest if it is "green" or blends in with the environment. After all the restrictions we have had to put up with over the last 8 years at Withdean, I just want to see out my days in a hassle free environment like 99.9999% of other football fans in the country.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am not interested in the slightest if it is "green"

Building it to be 'green' is a must. This is a decent chance to show people how it is done and cut our carbon footprint. :cool: Dartford have done it, so why shoudln't we follow suit. We may even be able to secure some more funding if we play our cards right. It would certainly raise the profile of the stadium and could indeed add to commercial/advertising revenue/benefits.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Building it to be 'green' is a must. This is a decent chance to show people how it is done and cut our carbon footprint. :cool: Dartford have done it, so why shoudln't we follow suit. We may even be able to secure some more funding if we play our cards right.

Fair enough, that is your opinion.
I personally dont give two hoots.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would like some kind of bathroom / shower facility for use by fans after the game, along with a locker room. That way, I can bring along a change of clothes with a few toilettries, and after the game I can go and get showered and changed, leave my matchday clothes in the locker, and go straight into town to celebrate our latest 3 points. Saves me faffing about going home first then coming back out again, AND it would help stagger the dispersal of fans after the match.

Communal showers will be fine. I have nothing to hide.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I'd like to see loads of screens (not all showing the same thing), a variety of refreshment outlets, tables/seating under the stands, several retail outlets (including a bookies), gaming zones, an outside concourse where alcohol can be consumed (perhaps also a picnic area). What do you think we'll get?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Solar panels on the roof for lighting, Grey Water system for flushing the loos. Flock of sheep to mow the grass?? OK, maybe not the last one.

I'd quite like to see a statue of Robbie Reinalt or Stuart Storer. Without whom we would not exist. EDIT: Or Dick Knight (but that would just get the gay jokes going).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Indeed. It is a shame that not enough people care though. Hopefully the non-greens can be persuaded before it is too late to make any sort of impact.

I hope that wasnt a side swipe.....I could go on about my green car, how we recycle etc etc but I wouldnt want to bore you, you are preaching to the converted.

Quite honestly as long as its built I dont give a toss if its built out of Uranium with a nuclear power plant running the floodlights...I am past caring now. I just want it built, it to be easy to get to, easy to get away from, confortable seats, decent atmosphere, easy to get tickets if your not a STH , the trains will run on time, the busses will be punctuual and we will not have a week long wait for the park and ride busses, do not have jackbooted stewards watching to make sure we do not sneeze without a hanky and have decent catering....anything else is just mere flotsam.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Big screens with replays etc.

Front row of seats raised above ground level (like Charlton's - and our South Stand) so that people's views are not obscured by police/stewards/photographers/TV Cameras.

Decent food .. why not jacket potatoes, curry, decent salads etc as well as the standard football ground fare. Just as quick and easy.

A members bar for fans where it's possible to have a drink and food before and after the game while watching a bit of telly and nattering. Encourages people to arrive early/leave late and helps ease congestion.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Oh.. and please, please, please... assuming we have a super duper sound system, let;s have it at a level that doesn't obliterate all conversation and pre-match atmosphere.

If it's going to be really loud, then a few gaps would be nice at big games to let the fans have a sing. The PA systems at the biggest grounds wreck the atmosphere.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A members bar for fans where it's possible to have a drink and food before and after the game while watching a bit of telly and nattering. Encourages people to arrive early/leave late and helps ease congestion.

..it would also bring in additional funds to the club, vital if we are to move forward and develop our potential, far better to be self-funding in as many ways as possible than rely on external influences. In the late 70's we were one of a couple of clubs being touted to be a team for the 80's, in some ways we reached that potential but it petered out pretty quickly. Here we have an opportunity to build a new stadium and set an example for the 21st century, Brighton is a city that prides itself on being different, why shouldn't we aim to achieve the same thing with our football club and be a real trend setter.

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
We were discussing this at Billericay on Saturday.

It would be nice to have a bar/meeting place along the same lines as 'Boots and Laces' down at Torquay. Clearly it would need to be larger due to the comparative sizes of the stadiums. With people needing to use public transport it would also lend itself to staggering people's arrival times rather than everyone getting tanked up in town and then all trying to squeeze on the 14:45 train. It would also be somewhere to go after the game to let the queues ease at the station, P+R sites, etc...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I hope that wasnt a side swipe.....I could go on about my green car, how we recycle etc etc but I wouldnt want to bore you, you are preaching to the converted.

Quite honestly as long as its built I dont give a toss if its built out of Uranium with a nuclear power plant running the floodlights...I am past caring now. I just want it built, it to be easy to get to, easy to get away from, confortable seats, decent atmosphere, easy to get tickets if your not a STH , the trains will run on time, the busses will be punctuual and we will not have a week long wait for the park and ride busses, do not have jackbooted stewards watching to make sure we do not sneeze without a hanky and have decent catering....anything else is just mere flotsam.

Yer, wotcha gonna do abart it!

:jester:

It was by no means a side swipe as I don't know anything about your lifestyle! I have only met you once! It was aimed at all those who do not give two figs about climate change and then back up their argument with "it was cold yesterday" or "It is a stealth tax..." :rolleyes: and those that show no interest whatsoever in recycling.

Frequently there are people in my road that chuck glass, plastic and so on in the big bins that are supplied for household waste. One chap had started to put about 30 glass bottles in the bin and I politely informed him that there were some recycling facilities 20 METRES away - A glare followed and he left them all by the side of the bin.

Or the Chav, who carried a crutch UNDER his arm (not using it, but presumably he was on disability allowances) who was discarding bits of paper/leaflets all over Brighton without thinking of any other soul apart from himself.

These types of people send me round the twist along with many others.

I don't think the stadium being 'green' would jeopardise any of those things mentioned (which sounds perfect), so I don't see why we can't make that extra effort (as a club). There may also be tax breaks, so that would be beneficial.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That is true, many people would be happy to go and watch final score over a beer/cuppa before heading home.

We discussed this some time, probably several years, ago and came up with a few ideas. Namely having themed bars, paying homage to people who have been associated with the club over the years. How about a pub with an Irish theme, we could call it something like Ryans' Bar...a pizza parlour called Bertolinis...a typical town centre bar...the Seagull and Lettuce Leaf (not so sure on the last one, but I think you get my drift).

The food and drink on sale could be themed in keeping with our history, Northstand Burger, East Stand Wine, Fosters (for those not keen on Harveys)...but definitely no Archers!

Even though it's a new stadium I want it to have the feel the old stadiums have.The tightness and hostility.I hate all these over-comfortable grounds.It takes the life out the sport.
#
Ah you must want something akin to the intimidating atmosphere one experiences at the madejski Stadium:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here