Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St Georges Day

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I was looking forward to this weekend so much, we've got thousands going down to Blackpool on Saturday, lots without tickets just for a weekend on the piss. It'll be a cracking few nights down there and one of those weekends everyone talks about for years to come no doubt.

Sadly though I don't have the funds to go so I will be working on Saturday, f***ing bad times.

A Frenchman is turning in his grave because some people are not celebrating the birthday of a Turk?

Another quality thread by Bushy though, I just don't know how he manages it.

William The Conqueror or William 1st was not French he was a Norman.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure about St George's Day but my mates arrived in Boston last Monday to celebrate Patriot's Day with a huge Union flag daubed with 'Where's out tea?' and Wills and Kate masks. We only got offered out for a fight once, I was quite amazed at that.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
That is true - although some deny it. There were also schools that banned nativity plays, and when my mum, a former teacher became a School Governor she went on a course where she was told that all 'racist' language had to be removed from the classroom: blackboards had to be called chalkboards, black coffee was coffee 'without milk', etc.

There was one problem with this - it was total 1980s bollocks. The worst of it (but not admittedly all of it) HAS largely died out, helped by Muslim parents insisting that they didn't find Nativity plays insulting and people like the much-maligned Diane Abbot saying that it wasn't racist or anti-black for washing powders to claim that they clean 'whiter than white'.

Sadly it isn't all 1980's bollocks
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379735/Black-headmistress-Shirley-Patterson-saw-lynch-mob-parents-poster-called-police.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here