Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squatters' Protest

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Opinions and shit?

They justify what I believe to be breaking and entry as being something along the lines of the following:

'It's empty and nobody wants it, so we have the right to occupy it'.

It also seems like these people choose to do it, not because they are forced to, which is even more outrageous.

It's these freeloading mongrels, who, and you may correct me if I'm wrong, I believe to be a cancer on local society, as well as national. Because people side with them. The police won't do anything because they fear reprisals. After all. The IPCC seems to be a hive of enablers these days..

My opinion.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Its breaking and entry and trespassing on property that isnt theirs - thats my opinion.

Same people are the ones who probably also protest about taxes (despite never paying any) and employment (despite not having a job/bothering to work) as well as the ant-whatever demos - i dont like them either (one who are genuinely protesting have my support, those who tag along can fcuk off).

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Its breaking and entry and trespassing on property that isnt theirs - thats my opinion.

Same people are the ones who probably also protest about taxes (despite never paying any) and employment (despite not having a job/bothering to work) as well as the ant-whatever demos - i dont like them either (one who are genuinely protesting have my support, those who tag along can fcuk off).

I respect a protester who says 'I/We believe that' rather than 'This is right and that is wrong'. The Argus springs to mind when they showed some studenty Pro-Lifers who are effectively saying I won't allow you to do such and such a thing, even if it's in the event that _______. The police should distinguish between protesting and random disobedience and deal with the latter like they used to.

Dandyman

In London village.
Rather depends on what type of property is being squatted. If someone actually lives there, then I don't agree with taking over the property in general but there are around 279,000 long term empty properties in England (and a lot more shorter term empty ones) which is a far greater scandal IMO than a few people taking non-violent direct action.

Feb 21, 2012
I support them 100%.

On another note, I am soon hosting a protest against the current laws on shoplifting and theft. If an item does not have a sticker officially declaring who said item belongs to, then I feel I have a legitimate claim to ownership.

Dandyman

In London village.
I support them 100%.

On another note, I am soon hosting a protest against the current laws on shoplifting and theft. If an item does not have a sticker officially declaring who said item belongs to, then I feel I have a legitimate claim to ownership.

It worked for Australia.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
99% of them are swampys,who have fuk all else to do with thier lives other than take things that dont belong to them,houses get damaged gaining entry,then £1000s of damaged is caused whilst sqauttung there,on other hand if they,looked after the property,and left when asked,most people would have more sympathy for them,so bollocks about,its and empty house etc,there are empty bus shelters also,go use them instead.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
99% of them are swampys,who have fuk all else to do with thier lives other than take things that dont belong to them,houses get damaged gaining entry,then £1000s of damaged is caused whilst sqauttung there,on other hand if they,looked after the property,and left when asked,most people would have more sympathy for them,so bollocks about,its and empty house etc,there are empty bus shelters also,go use them instead.

Very much this, I don't think people would care as much if they didn't do such damage (Not all I know) and left when asked. It does annoy me when so many can't afford the flat they rent and have to move back in with parents etc and others just seem to not care and just break in somewhere.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
You'd think the easier and more sustainable lifestyle would be to rent, rather than break in and then claim you've got some kind of god given right. There's plenty of articles of people who've been literally locked out after holidays, and this poor woman Mother spent £50k to get squatter evicted | Mail Online

I'm no fan of tories, but if they do something about the laws, I'd be happy.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Yeah the Daily Mail online, not the greatest electronic publication in the world!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Loads of empty car's in my street. mmmmm !!! which one do I fancy driving.

Exactly, if someone has bought a property, or legally owns a property and chosen not to live in it or use it, why the f*** should that make it fair game for others?

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
Cocaine Dave is a squatter in no 10 Downing Street.

He did not have any overall mandate to move in with his Bullingdon Chums.

Horses for courses.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why should there be unoccupied homes while so many people are homeless?

I agree with the sentiment but it is not their property. More effort should be made to make these properties available, Either through awareness or through legislation, but for people to ransack other people's property is just wrong. Yes, there are occasional stories of squatters looking after a property as if it was their own, but more often than not they don't.

Cocaine Dave is a squatter in no 10 Downing Street.

He did not have any overall mandate to move in with his Bullingdon Chums.

Horses for courses.

He's Prime Minister, isn't that all the mandate he needs? It would have been the same if it was a Lab/Lib coalition.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Bunch of free loading scum.I have worked my bollocks off all my life to put a roof over my head and now my family's head.To think that I could go on a hard earned holiday and come home to find my home full of dirty unwashed scum makes me sick to my stomach.They are criminals and should be persecuted as such.If they need somewhere to live,lock the fuckers up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here