Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Squad for Sussex's first game

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Should Wood have been out? Would be good to see a slomo replay. What happened to players accepting each other's word for it?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Our pace attack didn't look very "pacey".

All a bit military medium.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex's Facebook page said that the sides were "evenly poised heading for tomorrow". Looks like someone from the club's social media has been hitting the bottle rather early :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Will it be all over by tonight? We need a score from SVZ as we can't expect Haines to do it again

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm a bit out of touch with the Divisions now but I though Lancs were promoted to Div One - how come in Div 2 ?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Does anyone else sit and watch this with their copy of Wisden beside them?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thank you for that - not sure I understand it fully or agree with it. Does Flat Jack Simmons still play for Lancs ?

It seemed like he'd go on for ever but he did retire about 30 years ago :lolol:

He was club chairman until very recently but is now content to be one of the many vice presidents

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Will it be all over by tonight? We need a score from SVZ as we can't expect Haines to do it again

Solid start to 2nd in innings. 38 off 21 overs is proper Cricket. Does “play suspended” just mean bad weather?

Does this match count as our home match ? If so will we have to go up there again?

Surely a draw now

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does this match count as our home match ? If so will we have to go up there again?

Surely a draw now

No, we've swapped. Their home match is now at Hove

Optmistic to claim a draw - this is Sussex. It's a good start but we have to bat well tomorrow, four or five wickets in the morning and it's Goodnight Vienna

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No, we've swapped. Their home match is now at Hove

Optmistic to claim a draw - this is Sussex. It's a good start but we have to bat well tomorrow, four or five wickets in the morning and it's Goodnight Vienna

Thanks. I’d factored in quite a few hours lost to rain tomorrow 😀

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lanky bowlng well with Lamb putting it on a sixpence and early spin with Hartley.

Openers playing patiently and trying to get the scores level.

Engrossing opening session and the coverage on You Tube is excellent, especially on the TV.

65 for 0

Trail by 41 after 33 overs.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rain, hail and sleety snow in Manchester..... they’re off

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Early days of course but Sussex look a bit .....different. In a good way.
The batters have more about them, are more resolute and seem to have more self belief.
Maybe the influence of a fresh management team is doing them good.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've clearly missed a 'controversial' moment being discussed now on the youtube channel. Any ideas what happened?

They were probably discussing the incident involving the Hampshire wicketkeeper against Leicestershire yesterday. He claimed a dismissal that was subsequently shown to be not out. There must be a clip on Twitter somewhere. I can't quite work out what happened exactly, but everyone seems outraged.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/county-championship-2021-1244186/leicestershire-vs-hampshire-group-2-1244219/match-report-4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here