Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sqaud Value

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I think Zaha is a class act Im not sure that 10 million would be needed to prise him from his contract. I heard that he signed his new contract and would be allowed to leave in the summer as long as palace get £6 million. "Gentleman's agreement" so to speak

And before I get palace fans moaning it was just something I heard do not know if its true.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Open to much speculation but here is my estimates based on current values

1 Peter Brezovan £200-000
3 Gordon Greer £450-000
4 Tommy Elphick £850-000
5 Lewis Dunk £2.5M
6 Adam El-Abd £450-000
7 Will Hoskins £600-00
8 Alan Navarro £200-000
9 Ashley Barnes £550-000
10 Matthew Sparrow £450-000
11 Craig Noone £850-000
12 Craig Mackail-Smith £2.5m
14 Inigo Calderon £375-000
15 Rodriguez Vicente £850-000
16 Casper Ankergren £185-000
17 Ryan Harley £150-000
18 Gary Dicker £350-000
19 Michael Poke £50-000
20 Romain Vincelot £225-000
22 Marcos Painter £200-000
22 Marcos Painter
23 Torbjorn Agdestein £375-000
25 Kazenga LuaLua £850-000
26 Liam Bridcutt £1.4M
27 Mauricio Taricco nominal fee
29 Roland Bergkamp £175-000
30 Will Buckley £2.4M
31 Grant Hall £125-000
32 Yaser Kasim £50-000
33 George Barker £50-000
34 Ben Sampayo £50-000
35 Jake Forster-Caskey £1.2M
44 Anton Rodgers £150-000

I don't think many would disagree with your valuations ( give or take a few £k )I would say Greer is worth considerably more - £600k - £750k at least
Edit: Also Will Buckley £2.75m - £3m

Last edited:

tooting2

Mar 26, 2011
lancing
truly impressive sqaud when you put £ notes against them re-wind 3 years ago and entire squad would probbaly not be valued at 1 million and now with have a squad close to being worth to 20 million give or take with individual valuations just shows what a remarkable job gus poyet and the whole brighton fc board have achived

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
How can England capped Gardner not be worth 750k? Remember - you're looking at the second best defence in the league.

McCarthy has played at Championship level all his career and has done well (at his best with us). He is only 29, 3 years younger than Greer, who's career has been in the lower leagues.

Clyne is actually going for £3m as the best full-back in the league with a few months on his contract. Had he signed a new one he'd be going for twice that. This has no bearing on Dunk - who isn't the best CB.

Parr is easily worth £1m. He is a fantastic signing on a free, and we beat Swansea and QPR to sign him.

Williams is a lot better than Forster-Caskey. I have never seen a better young player. To suggest that they are equal is ludicrous, he seems alright, but Williams is exceptional.

Jedinak is the best defensive midfielder in the league. MoM every game for a couple of months now. Best performance of any player on the pitch on Tuesday - didn't put a foot wrong and won everything.

The 750k bid was two years ago, and was accepted because we were in admin. He would now easily go for double that, after his goal at Old Trafford (which was incredible) put him back in the shop window.

Scannell is a winger. Barnes is a striker, most of his goals coming in league one. To compare the two is ridiculous. Shaun is the worst of the three (Zaha, him and Williams) but he has a very bright future and looks a great prospect.

RE. Zaha - look in the papers.

The way you lot go on about your players, particularly the young ones, you would think you were clear at the top of the table by ten points! In reality you are swanning around in mid / lower table after two seasons of fighting off relegation.

...and we're deluded!

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
How can England capped Gardner not be worth 750k? Remember - you're looking at the second best defence in the league.

McCarthy has played at Championship level all his career and has done well (at his best with us). He is only 29, 3 years younger than Greer, who's career has been in the lower leagues.

Clyne is actually going for £3m as the best full-back in the league with a few months on his contract. Had he signed a new one he'd be going for twice that. This has no bearing on Dunk - who isn't the best CB.

Parr is easily worth £1m. He is a fantastic signing on a free, and we beat Swansea and QPR to sign him.

Williams is a lot better than Forster-Caskey. I have never seen a better young player. To suggest that they are equal is ludicrous, he seems alright, but Williams is exceptional.

Jedinak is the best defensive midfielder in the league. MoM every game for a couple of months now. Best performance of any player on the pitch on Tuesday - didn't put a foot wrong and won everything.

The 750k bid was two years ago, and was accepted because we were in admin. He would now easily go for double that, after his goal at Old Trafford (which was incredible) put him back in the shop window.

Scannell is a winger. Barnes is a striker, most of his goals coming in league one. To compare the two is ridiculous. Shaun is the worst of the three (Zaha, him and Williams) but he has a very bright future and looks a great prospect.

Seriously deluded.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

OK - I have re-read this now and assume it's a joke. Yes?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The ones that matter:

Speroni £1m
Clyne £3m
McCarthy £600k
Gardner £750k
Parr £1m
Williams £5m+ (played only 9 games but has 6 assists, a goal and has won two penalties. Looks the best of the bunch)
Jedinak £1m
Ambrose £1.5m
Scannell £2m
Zaha £10m
Murray £750k

f*** off, we really don't care.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

All I can say is, that if those players are as good as you say they are "Best full back in the league", "Best defensive midfielder in the league", "Exceptional" and that isnt even about Zaha - then surely your squad is SERIOUSLY underachieving and therefore Freedman should be sacked for not getting the best out of them?!

Dougie out?!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
All I can say is, that if those players are as good as you say they are "Best full back in the league", "Best defensive midfielder in the league", "Exceptional" and that isnt even about Zaha - then surely your squad is SERIOUSLY underachieving and therefore Freedman should be sacked for not getting the best out of them?!

Dougie out?!

Yeah... f*** Nolan, Bridcutt, Keith Andrews and the rest.

I WANT MILE JEDINAK

:rolleyes:

I think the worst was £2m for Scannell, a winger, with far, far, far less goals than Barnes who's been playing on the wing too.

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here